VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

HepC claim question

Rate this question

McRay

Question

I'm pretty certain I was infected with HepC back in October of 1970 when I was vaccinated with the air gun. I first became aware of it in the mid 80's after being turned down for blood donation. It went on and I tried the different treatments and nothing worked until 2015 Viekera Pak therapy -- one positive thing I can say about VA Healthcare. Viral is down to zero now. I had a bout with varices in 2016 but haven't had any more problems. However, time is not really a friend.

I submitted a claim and was turned down in 2011 and being ignorant of the claims process, I didn't appeal it. Hindsight is always so much clearer.

Looking at asknod.com I see that there are possibilities of service connecting HepC and I'm thinking about getting an IMO and reapplying.

However, I am already appealing a claim I was granted for PTSD and other issues which I was awarded 50% and which my attorney says I have a very good chance of winning. I'm wondering if it would make sense to go ahead and file for HepC, get the IMO and see what happens? I'm sure my attorney will advise against it, he's already done that with another claim that was on the docket with the BVA. If I do it, can I get someone like the guy on asknod.com to represent me or do I have to wait until being turned down?

There's a lot of good information on this site and I see how ignorant of the BVA system I am, so all suggestions and advice are appreciated.

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

Alex Graham is our expert on hep c claims.  You can email him.  I wont publish his email, but you can contact him through asknod.com

However, since you indicated you have an attorney, then you should normally take his advice..he has viewed your file and we have not.  

Alex should be able to better advise you on hep c, I wont offer an opinion other than to contact him.