VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VA Psychologist not reporting

Rate this question

jamesriley1990

Question

Reluctantly I have been seeking treatment at the VA for my PTSD.  I was reading over the notes of my psychologist and she did a PTSD screening of me and she is misreporting or not reporting things that I stated during our last session. I told her that I was having nightmares about being in the military and that all I could remember was I was feeling scared and angry and during recent events, I felt as if I was reliving my past experiences. What can I do in this situation? 

2 hours ago, Buck52 said:

have not seen any new regulations for the way the VA Diagnose Veterans for  DSM 5 PTSD

Your statement that I responded to was

"You need a PTSD Diagnosis from the VA usually the MH Clinic Dr' "

My response is that NO you don't need a PTSD DIAGNOSIS from the VA.

What you need is a VA Dr to give you a C&P.

Those are two different things.

your civilian shrink can diagnose you with PTSD and you can run immediately to VA.GOV and apply for compensation.

The VA will arrange for a C&P.

What they won't do is say " you have to be diagnosed by a VA Dr. before you can file a claim"

It is the word DIAGNOSIS in your post that is off target.  Rated for PTSD by a VA Dr.? YES. Diagnosed by a VA Dr? Nope a civilian one can do it just fine.

1 hour ago, Buck52 said:

ome times I think this can be a scam to get the Veterans in trouble i

you could be right you could be wrong.

All I know is that if the guys in the group had not met up for coffee after the group we would have all thought we were the only one that that had happened too

it was bizarre.

On her office wall was her degree from Tulane, which is a pretty impressive school. She made it a point to say she would only go to Tulane because she was raised in New Orleans. Holidays in New Orleans, every holiday, is a little different than in other places.

So making an attempt at normal polite behavior, to your MSW of all people, and have her response placed in your medical file, it is down right bizarre.

I do wonder how many others, beyond my group, she did this too.

• HadIt.com Elder
3 hours ago, GeekySquid said:

Your statement that I responded to was

"You need a PTSD Diagnosis from the VA usually the MH Clinic Dr' "

My response is that NO you don't need a PTSD DIAGNOSIS from the VA.

What you need is a VA Dr to give you a C&P.

Those are two different things.

your civilian shrink can diagnose you with PTSD and you can run immediately to VA.GOV and apply for compensation.

The VA will arrange for a C&P.

What they won't do is say " you have to be diagnosed by a VA Dr. before you can file a claim"

It is the word DIAGNOSIS in your post that is off target.  Rated for PTSD by a VA Dr.? YES. Diagnosed by a VA Dr? Nope a civilian one can do it just fine.

Geekysquid   Not sure where your getting this information?

but  you are wrong not me. or I beg to disagree with you on this.

THE VA Has to be the one to make a diagnose for PTSD before service connection can be establish ,also  if the veteran is a combat veteran  &  he/she has has enough concrete probative evidence from the VA MH D'rs &STR'S And other official documents as evidence  he may not be sent to a C&P  and is rated his S.C. and a rating given to this veteran from the symptoms reported...by the VA MH professionals.

• HadIt.com Elder

Geekysquid

As member broncovet always mentions

what veterans need first thing when filing a claim  rather or not that claim is for PTSD  or for his bad Hearing or any other condition that he thinks was because of his military service   The Veteran needs 3 things this is called the Calza Triangle

1.Current Diagnosis.   (No diagnosis, no Service Connection.)

2.In Service Event or Aggravation.

3.Nexus (link- cause and effect- connection) or Doctor’s Statement close to: “The Veteran’s (current diagnosis) is at least as likely due to x Event in military service”

16 minutes ago, Buck52 said:

but  you are wrong not me. or I beg to disagree with you on this.

read this

https://www.va.gov/disability/eligibility/ptsd/

Can I get disability benefits from VA?

You may be able to get disability benefits if you have symptoms related to a traumatic event (the “stressor”) or your experience with the stressor is related to the PTSD symptoms, and you meet all of the requirements listed below.

All of these must be true:

• The stressor happened during your service, and
  • You can’t function as well as you once could because of your symptoms, and
  • A doctor has diagnosed you with PTSD

notice it does NOT say a VA doctor.

where you find what MUST happen for PTSD is in the rules for the PTSD DBQ. Only a VA Doctor can do the DBQ's.

4 hours ago, GeekySquid said:

read this

https://www.va.gov/disability/eligibility/ptsd/

Can I get disability benefits from VA?

You may be able to get disability benefits if you have symptoms related to a traumatic event (the “stressor”) or your experience with the stressor is related to the PTSD symptoms, and you meet all of the requirements listed below.

All of these must be true:

• The stressor happened during your service, and
  • You can’t function as well as you once could because of your symptoms, and
  • A doctor has diagnosed you with PTSD

notice it does NOT say a VA doctor.

where you find what MUST happen for PTSD is in the rules for the PTSD DBQ. Only a VA Doctor can do the DBQ's.

This is true, my private doctors nexus letter and DBQ is what got me a C&P exam and that DBQ is what got me service connection.