VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VA Psychologist not reporting

Rate this question

jamesriley1990

Question

Reluctantly I have been seeking treatment at the VA for my PTSD.  I was reading over the notes of my psychologist and she did a PTSD screening of me and she is misreporting or not reporting things that I stated during our last session. I told her that I was having nightmares about being in the military and that all I could remember was I was feeling scared and angry and during recent events, I felt as if I was reliving my past experiences. What can I do in this situation? 

• HadIt.com Elder

Geekysquid

You need to read this entire link  it has a list of conditions veterans claim for Compensation purposes   read on down to the DBQ's THAT Are not allowed to be filled out by Private Dr's

It comes from the VA Web site

https://www.benefits.va.gov/compensation/dbq_FAQs.asp

I can't find the Correct CFR's just yet.

4 minutes ago, Buck52 said:

read on down to the DBQ's THAT Are not allowed to be filled out by Private Dr's

the discussion is not about DBQ's it is about DIAGNOSE.

DBQs don't diagnose anything. They are just a finding that the relevant facts support a finding of Service Connection.

• HadIt.com Elder

you maybe correct on that above  that the DBQ do not diagnose a PTSD Condition.

However the DBQ does ask if the Veteran has been given a PTSD Diagnose.

I am not sure  my PTSD  C&P Examiner ask this question during my C&P?

I know I was diagnose by the  from a VA MH Dr's actually 3  one was a V.A. MD with a PHD  And the other was a VA MD psychiatrist  and a L.C.S.W.  SW-4 Working under the license care of the VA MD PSYCHIATRIST 

i JUST HAPPEN TO GET THESE OFF   

notes off myhealthvet

but this has been a few years ago  so things might have changed...but back then a Veteran had to have a Diagnose for PTSD come From a  Qualified VA Doctor Only.  if it was a private Doc  the Veteran was automatically Denied his claim.

• HadIt.com Elder

For  purposes of diagnose PTSD from VA only

I copied this off VA Web site

Who is licensed to provide psychotherapy for PTSD?

The mental health professionals below provide psychotherapy for PTSD, and in most states, are not licensed to prescribe medications.

Psychologists

Licensed clinical psychologists focus on mental health assessment and treatment. They have a doctoral degree (e.g., PhD, PsyD, EdD) from 4 or more years of graduate training in clinical or counseling psychology. To be licensed to practice, psychologists must have another 1 to 2 years of supervised clinical experience. Psychologists have the title of "doctor" because of their doctoral degree, but in most states they cannot prescribe medicine.

Clinical Social Workers

The purpose of social work is to enhance human well-being by helping people meet basic human needs. Licensed social workers also focus on diagnosis and treatment, and specialize in areas such as mental health, aging, of family and children. Most licensed social workers have a master's degree from 2 years of graduate training (e.g., MSW) or a doctoral degree in social work (e.g., DSW or PhD).

14 minutes ago, Buck52 said:

I copied this off VA Web site

is there part of that website that says "only a VA DR or MSW can DIAGNOSE PTSD for VA to give a C&P exam? I suspect that will be a no but look forward to reading the site if you answer yes.