VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VA Psychologist not reporting

Rate this question

jamesriley1990

Question

Reluctantly I have been seeking treatment at the VA for my PTSD.  I was reading over the notes of my psychologist and she did a PTSD screening of me and she is misreporting or not reporting things that I stated during our last session. I told her that I was having nightmares about being in the military and that all I could remember was I was feeling scared and angry and during recent events, I felt as if I was reliving my past experiences. What can I do in this situation? 

• HadIt.com Elder
3 hours ago, jamesriley1990 said:

CLINICAL REMINDER ACTIVITY PTSD Screening: PC-PTSD-5+I9 PTSD Screening Score: 0 RILEY, JAMES CHRISTOPHER CONFIDENTIAL Page 9 of 34 The score for this administration is 0, which indicates a NEGATIVE screen for PTSD in the past month. Suicide Screening Score: 0 The results of this administration revealed no suicidal ideation over the last 2 weeks, which indicates a NEGATIVE primary screen for Risk of Suicide.

Questions 1-5 reference a time frame of the past month Sometimes things happen to people that are unusually or especially frightening, horrible or traumatic. Have you ever experienced this kind of event? NO

1. Had nightmares about the event(s) or thought about the event(s) when you did not want to? Response not required due to responses to other questions.

2. Tried hard not to think about the event(s) or went out of your way to avoid situations that reminded you of the event(s)? Response not required due to responses to other questions.

3. Been constantly on guard, watchful, or easily startled? Response not required due to responses to other questions.

4. Felt numb or detached from people, activities, or your surroundings? Response not required due to responses to other questions.

5. Felt guilty or unable to stop blaming yourself or others for the event(s) or any problems the event(s) may have caused? Response not required due to responses to other questions.

6. Over the last 2 weeks, how often have you been bothered by thoughts that you would be better off dead or of hurting yourself in some way? Not at All

Question 1: I stated I had nightmares about the military but I had difficulty remembers what happened in the dream only that I felt fear and anger.

Question 2: This session I was not asked about anything that happened in my past

Question 3: I said I was afraid to confront my wife's family because there were issues over a Will due to my father in law passing. And that I wanted a police presence.

Question 4: Told her I was depressed and lonely because I am at home without my wife and dog and I told her I have been having issues with work and my co workers

Question 5: never discussed the past only present

Question 6: This is correct

''Questions 1-5 reference a time frame of the past month Sometimes things happen to people that are unusually or especially frightening, horrible or traumatic. Have you ever experienced this kind of event? NO''

If you answered No to these questions then all the other question are not relevant .  

if you never said No  then Request another Exam.

I 'd request another C&P Exam from the C&P Office

Edited by Buck52

• HadIt.com Elder

For PTSD claims

1. You need a PTSD Diagnosis from the VA usually the MH Clinic Dr's

( no diagnose no service connection)

2. You need to have been traumatize or witness an event that was of trauma during your military active service.

3. You need a nexus to link 1 &2 together from a qualified  Dr.

You prove this with in service records and medical records..as this is your evidence to prove your case.

• HadIt.com Elder

The examiner reads your records off the computer  and if he/she ask you this question about your trauma and you said No'' then this means you admit you was never traumtize while in the military...but if your records prove other wise...then if your denied  which you more than likely will be  you need to appeal the decision and never tell an examiner No about Not being traumatize during your military service.

or maybe I am not understanding all your post? sorry.

1 hour ago, Buck52 said:

''Questions 1-5 reference a time frame of the past month Sometimes things happen to people that are unusually or especially frightening, horrible or traumatic. Have you ever experienced this kind of event? NO''

If you answered No to these questions then all the other question are not relevant .  

if you never said No  then Request another Exam.

I 'd request another C&P Exam from the C&P Office

This wasn't a C&P exam. It was just a scheduled treatment session. I was getting treatment for 6 months from a private psychologist (who diagnosed me). I began treatment at VA because they need to diagnose me. I already have everything for service connection I am just trying to get a VA diagnosis. And I was never asked any of these questions

Edited by jamesriley1990

Only the VA can diagnosis PTSD.  Until they do you do not have a leg to stand on. 

In your treatment you need to tell the doctor exactly what happened, even if you do not want to.  If the doctor is not putting in your records what you are saying you need to speak to the doctor in a mild mannered way and ask them why.  Never raise your voice or become frustrated, it is a losing proposition.  I know this because I have been there, frustrated and angry.  I had a doctor walk out of a session and say I threatened him.  It was not a happy experience.  It all goes into your records forever.