VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VA Psychologist not reporting

Rate this question

jamesriley1990

Question

Reluctantly I have been seeking treatment at the VA for my PTSD.  I was reading over the notes of my psychologist and she did a PTSD screening of me and she is misreporting or not reporting things that I stated during our last session. I told her that I was having nightmares about being in the military and that all I could remember was I was feeling scared and angry and during recent events, I felt as if I was reliving my past experiences. What can I do in this situation? 

• HadIt.com Elder

This post is not making any sense

if you were diagnose for PTSD ? who diagnose you? private Dr or VA Dr's?

If it was a private Dr...I don't see how the VA S.C. you for PTSD  in the first place.?

and now your going for increase and was denied on ''lack of diagnosis = PTSD Diagnosis?

somethings wrong here!!!!

John999 is correct only the VA docs can diagnose a veteran for PTSD for compensation purposes .

if your claim has been  pending for two months   I believe you will be denied and possibly reduction in your rating (diagnosis) for PTSD  the VA must have caught that Private Diagnosis  and trying to figure out what to do?? ( jmo)

Edited by Buck52

6 hours ago, Buck52 said:

This post is not making any sense

if you were diagnose for PTSD ? who diagnose you? private Dr or VA Dr's?

If it was a private Dr...I don't see how the VA S.C. you for PTSD  in the first place.?

and now your going for increase and was denied on ''lack of diagnosis = PTSD Diagnosis?

somethings wrong here!!!!

John999 is correct only the VA docs can diagnose a veteran for PTSD for compensation purposes .

if your claim has been  pending for two months   I believe you will be denied and possibly reduction in your rating (diagnosis) for PTSD  the VA must have caught that Private Diagnosis  and trying to figure out what to do?? ( jmo)

Never said I was service connected (yet) I had a private doctors diagnosis, and upon receiving that diagnosis I began treatment at the VA to establish an "official diagnosis" . I was just concerned that she was not reporting my issues which would and will affect my active claim for PTSD. 

• HadIt.com Elder

jamesriley1990

OK  these post are getting  a little mixed up with  the quotes.

I was thinking you were already rated for PTSD  from a  private Doc ,but that is someone else in these post on their quotes to you  my apology to you sir/mam.

If your A MST Victim   you need to talk with the MH Clinic MST Coordinator, they handle the MST Victims some what differently from combat veterans, you will probably get a different therapist  unless you are seeking a private one , but the VA has a great program for PTSD Veterans..as well as MST Veterans. 

yes everyone is correct  you will still need a diagnose from the VA but if you have a diagnose from a state license Psychiatrist  Depending on the circumstances surrounding the event,,, VA realizes some MST Victims do not report this horrffic event and this is why you really need to see  a VA MST Coordinator, you still can file your MST CLAIM its just it will be harder to prove if this went unreported...your statment of the case means everything here so do not leave anything out. 

you also need the date and time this event happen  and  Law Enforcement records & Reports , if not then your going to have to let them know what all happen when it happen and how it happen,  if this went un reported on your part for any reason   its going to be hard for you to prove this...but it can be done, a lot of MST Veterans never reported the event  but years later felt that they needed to  and seek treatment and they do get diagnose for MST PTSD and a rating given...just be truthful in your statements and  be  precised of what happen..its not unusual for MST Victims to not report this type of trauma

Best Advise I can give you is seek all your treatment from the VA MH Dept  and check your progress notes from time to time  and stay in treatment.  eventually you will get enough medical paper trail to substantiate your claim...

Things have a way working them self out when everyone works together or on the same page.

I spoke with my psychologist and went back over the things that happened to me while in the marines and it was hard but she referred me to the MST coordinator at the clinic and I see them Monday. She stated in the notes that my emotional trauma does not need to be verified and was genuine. It gives me relief that they seem to be done trying to think I am lying.  Thank you all for your information and support.