Two VA ratings of 0 for the same condition.

BMC

Question

I have a zero rating from the VA for the residuals of an injury to my dominate hand awarded in 2012.  The residual deterioration has progressively gotten worse so I filed for an increase in the rating.  After more a year and three C and P exams, the VA made the determination of another zero rating for the same condition rather than giving me an increase. It has resulted in two zero ratings for the same residual condition rather than giving me an increase on the original zero rating.  Is this normal? Don't they have to either approve the increase by raising the percentage or deny by just stating denied? Thank you,

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Need a little more info to help you.  What is the condition?  Lets say it is your knee and they are going off of your flexation.  I was always taught to suck it up and not complain, so I let them bend it so far and it hurt so bad and then they go their measurement.  I did not realize I should tell them when it started to hurt and stop them before they caused a lot of pain.  So depending on what it is you probably need to look it up on the va disability and see why they keep rating you at 0 when you know it has gotten worse.

On 4/6/2019 at 7:13 PM, BMC said:

I have a zero rating from the VA for the residuals of an injury to my dominate hand awarded in 2012.  The residual deterioration has progressively gotten worse so I filed for an increase in the rating.  After more a year and three C and P exams, the VA made the determination of another zero rating for the same condition rather than giving me an increase. It has resulted in two zero ratings for the same residual condition rather than giving me an increase on the original zero rating.  Is this normal? Don't they have to either approve the increase by raising the percentage or deny by just stating denied? Thank you,

All the VA really did was to affirm the original 0% rating,  it really doesn't matter that they rated you 0% a second time  0% is still 0%. 

I have an issue where I was rated 10% for a torn meniscus of the right knee in 1986. In  2001 I reopened the claim and also claim arthritis.   The VA awarded 10% for the arthritis, and gave a separate award of 10%  for the torn meniscus.  When I go on ebenifts  they have the torn meniscus  10% rating listed twice, once under the original 1986 rating and  once under the 2001 rating, I don't get any extra compensation because of the way they rated me 10% is still 10%.,, no matter how they decide to affirm the original rating. I think it depends on the rater who is writing the award letter, either way  they do it  ( reaffirm the original decision , or award the same % a second time around )  it isn't going to change what you get paid for compensation.