VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

5 years and 11 months later VA.Gov says GRANTED IU but a question

Rate this question

TMannfish

Question

Hello... THis is only my second post here but I visit often when I have questions to read others experiences.  Today I have a question... After 5 years and 11 months, VA.Gov reads that my appeal for IU was granted.  My question is about T and P though. 

I have been rated at 90% since May 2013.  I filed an appeal for IU and that is what the decision has been made on.  However, during the hearing the judge and my representative seemed to be leading toward a T and P claim.  I have seen where the veteran will file for an IU claim and when the decision comes it states IS TOTAL AND PERMANANT.  I am unable to see anything of Ebenefits or VA>Gov right now, says its all being updated. 

My VA.Gov states GRANTED  100% Rating for  Individual Unemployability 

Is it possible to be granted T and P when you did not originally file for that and it was not part of your appeal??

Thank you to all of you

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

quote from TMannfish

''Is it possible to be granted T and P when you did not originally file for that and it was not part of your appeal??

YES ,Depending on the severity of the disability .

if they said your disability is unlikely to improve within your life time   they usually make the Veteran P&T  With no future exams scheduled.

• HadIt.com Elder

If you are denied P&T in a rating decision you can appeal that Chapter 35 denial.  I did that when I was granted TDIU but denied Chapter 35.  I fired off my NOD and went and got another IMO which supported the P&T status.  I got my P&T adjustment in less than a year.  I was not wanting to wait years to get that rating.  Any time the VA denies a benefit you can appeal and you should appeal.  You can wait on the VA for years.  I was eligible for HB and I had to file a CUE to get it.  This is not supposed to happen and yet it happens all the time.

• HadIt.com Elder

I was going to do as John999 did...>  I was fortunate  I didn't have to my TDIU  came with the P&T

Since then I filed for PTSD and got a 70% rating and the rater inferred me to the SMC S H.B. and a 100% P&T final degree rating.

I believe that's a mandatory rating  after you have a 100% rating and then another 60% separate rating.  the raters are suppose to look at the SMC SPECIAL RATING TABLE

Also filed for SMC K for E.D. got that as well.

• HadIt.com Elder

REMEMBER

With large retro  it may take  a lot longer to recieve.

Just hang in there go fishing and stop looking everyday  it will drive you crazy.