VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Commissary Letter

Rate this question

BuddyLoveAK

Question

Which letter on eBenefits is for getting the commissary and exchange privileges? Is it the benefit summary one? There isn't a letter labeled commissary and exchange.

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I emailed IRIS and they said I do qualify for commissary privileges and they're going to send me a letter. Still not sure why it doesn't show up on eBenefits though. Oh well, problem solved!

• HadIt.com Elder

Give it a few days   I think they been working on MyHealtheVet doing some upgrading.

And if they are going to send you a Commissary  Letter that's fine.

Also you may want to look into your DOD ID Card   go to any military base and have one made for you and spouse...you may need it later for discounts  ect,,,ect,,,

Be sure and take all the certificates  thet need  like Marriage License and birth certifcates, Drivers license  SS Cards  you need to bring the originals  with the state seal  raised   they will not accept copies.

btw, Congratulation on your 100% P&T Award   welcome to the P&T Club.

My Commisary letter has disappeared from Eben as well. Good thing i.printed out a bunch of them for my records. As we all know, Eben is a horrible website and it's new counterpart Vets.gov aint any better

• HadIt.com Elder

Inarticulate&Distorted

you may want to look into the DOD Card (Dept of Defense) to  keep in your wallet, you can use it to get into the commissary or any military base and also use it for discounts at local retailers like Home Depot   and even federal state park passes, free auto tags, or at a low cost of 4 to 12 bucks depending on your county tax office  ect,,ect,, it never expires  its permanent. 

its a good card for P&T Veteran to have in their possession. 

19 hours ago, Buck52 said:

Inarticulate&Distorted

you may want to look into the DOD Card (Dept of Defense) to  keep in your wallet, you can use it to get into the commissary or any military base and also use it for discounts at local retailers like Home Depot   and even federal state park passes, free auto tags, or at a low cost of 4 to 12 bucks depending on your county tax office  ect,,ect,, it never expires  its permanent. 

its a good card for P&T Veteran to have in their possession. 

Yes Buck its on my to.do list. Been dealing with a new house, getting married and working on Immigration for the wife. We hope to be home around September at the latest from Asia. We will get her CHAMPVA when she gets to America, and i plan to get us both a DoD ID. Plus, after we get her Permanant Residency taken care of she can get some College Education through my Chapter 35. It's a slow process all together for us, but we've learned patience is key. 😉

Edited by Inarticulate&Distorted