VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claims Start Date

Rate this question

Renegade Reno

Question

I have a question maybe someone can answer  for. Me. 

I have a claim in for ptsd that I filed for in Feb of 2004 it was. Denied and I didn't file an appeal. Within the year. To make a. Long. Story short I had a. BVA HEARING in July of 2014 and was granted. The ptsd with mood disorder and poly substance abuse and was rated at 50%from 2008 to 2011 and then they bumped it up to 70% paid. At 100% for tdiu. In Jan of 2015.i got my back pay and the. Start date of the claim was in 2008.my attorney filed for a start date back the 4 years to original file date. Of 26 Feb of 2004 and I had a video hearing in june of 2016 and finally the judge. Got to my file Nov 2018 and I got the award paperwork Dec. 2018 granting my appeal and awarded the start date of 26. Feb 2004. So now they owe me 4 yrs back pay. They said any change. To claim status will take 1 to 2 months it's been 4 months and I can't.find any info on when. I'll get. Tje back pay. All. They tell me. Is. It's being processed by regional in Seattle. No date when it will be done no time for them. It's been 15 yrs + and after the first BVA hearing the said the claim was suppose to be handled in an expeditious manner well so much for that. I'm worried. That Seattle regional is handling it. Because the judge said they dropped the. Ball every step of the way. 

I just want to know if anyone has any idea when it might get. Completed amd I get. The 50 months of backpay 

Thanks  Renegade Reno 

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• Lead Moderator

Take a breath.  They have the order from the judge and yes the VA.gov site does say 1-2 months.  Each regional office is different and will adjust when they get to it.  Mine took just over 10 months.  You can call Peggy and they can give you an idea of what stage you are at, mine was at the rater at the end of October and I was paid this past march.  Just to give you an idea of how long it can take.  A few things I did was contact my congressman and the white house # and Peggy.  It is coming and they will pay, it just takes them a very long time to do it.  

The first person to ask here is your lawyer.  He has a vested interest, and he should know way more about your case than we ever will.  

I do agree, with Shrek, tho.  Get yourself a hobby, a 
"watched pot never boils".