VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

My brother has been denied for the second time schizophrenic..

Rate this question

VIETNAMVETFAM

Question

Hi all.. First time on the site and I am very frustrated.. My brother has been denied for the second time.. In the early 90's and just now.  He is schizophrenic and in my opinion had severe ptsd in the 70's.  I need to know how to proceed..  Any information would be helpful since I am so new to this.  We used a VSO and we thought it would be approved.  I guess we were so wrong.  Thank you for reading.  And thank you all for your service.   

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

VIETNAMFAM,

Post the reasons and bases he was denied, just post a redacted copy of his denial  black out name and claim #'s Personal Information.

It would help to get all his medical records and in service records .and request his Recent C-file   if you have not yet  a recent C-file can help.

All medical records from private sector. treatment records  medications he was put on  and a PTSD Diagnose from the VA 

Also he needs to be in treatment and see a therapist weekly or bi-weekly  VA MH Clinic is a good start, if he is in treatment  he needs to keep going.

Also if he can't find a job due to his disability  it would help him to apply for VA VOC REHAB

We will need to see why they denied him   to help him.