eBenefits decision

wes44

Question

today my claim was closed and they said they sent the decision letter. I checked ebenefits for the decision and it said not service connected. Is it too early for a decision since it was the same day, so that decision may be wrong? do i  have to wait until I receive the letter for a decision or does benefits show the decision early?

2 answers to this question

1 hour ago, wes44 said:

today my claim was closed and they said they sent the decision letter. I checked ebenefits for the decision and it said not service connected. Is it too early for a decision since it was the same day, so that decision may be wrong? do i  have to wait until I receive the letter for a decision or does benefits show the decision early?

You would have seen an increase or no change to your percentage immeadiately. But, as other forum members have said to other veterans;we have to wait for the decision letter. Ebenefits isn't always accurate.

A denial sucks but always appeal because don't be like me and let an appeal go past the year timeframe...then re-opening a denied claim becomes very difficult. 

• Thanks 1

Never let ebenefits be the final arbitrator of your claim.  Wait until your get your notification in the mail before getting worried.

• Like 1