VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claims

Rate this question

Oakdale25

Question

I did two c&ps and was denied twice however at the last one the rater said I was incompetent. The va reopened my claim in February listing as new, but this was the same claim that was denied twice. I have called to check and was told it was something to do with the regional office but I haven't received anything from the va only that it is in the decision process. My question is why would they reopen my claim after denying it? What is your take on this?

3 answers to this question

I have this happen twice usually it was second checking their decision based on a second opinion one was a positive outcome the second was a bad but then I took what they said was the denial Appealed And showed them were they messed up in a dro review who said one thing to me she had to deny retro is to much but I will expedit your appeal so it moves really quick so from dro review to appeal decision in under two months. So not all dro reviews are a waste of time if they are legit...

The VA is supposed to check their work.  If they find a questionable denial they are supposed to take another look at it.  We all would like to have this happen but it does not.  You might have gotten lucky.

• HadIt.com Elder

I agree with Vetquest  however the VA does not always do what they are suppose to do...especially read.