VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

SMC?

Rate this question

Bluntly

Question

I am currently 80% IU p& t with 2 appeals still currently active. One is at the board and the other one is having a dro review. The one at the board is a TBI appeal and my dro review is a increase for migranes, which is currently 0%. My question is if granted the max for migranes which is 50% will this open me up for any SMC?...

Current ratings are as follows 70% for ptsd, 20% for left shoulder strain, 10% for left ankle sprain and 0% for migranes.

Maybe, if you meet the criteria for SMC.  We dont know whether you will or not, as we have not reviewed your file.  

If you wind up with a "single" 100 percent rating, and additional disabilities that combine to 60 percent or more SEPERATE AND DISTINCT, then you should get SMC S,

Statuatory housebound.  

However, there are many other paths to SMC, most of which involve "loss of use" of one or more body parts.    We dont know if you have loss of use or not.   Also, dont forget about Aid and Attendance, if others have to help you with activities of daily living, even if those "others" are family members.  

For more details on SMC, ask Mr. Potatoe head:

https://asknod.org/tag/va-smc-mr-potatohead/ 

• HadIt.com Elder

I personally never liked DRO Review...I liked to be at a DRO Hearing  so I can talk to them face to face and show them my evidence , and give my intake and ask them politely to read what my Dr OPIN on  ect,,,ect,,  show them my disability's are real up close.

Edited by Buck52

If you attain SC for your TBI, the headaches would most like be assigned for the TBI. As such, a 50 % rating for headaches added to the shoulder and ankle ratings would give you the extra 60% needed for SMC S. A 30% rating for headaches would not be enough ( 30+20+10= 50%).

• HadIt.com Elder
13 hours ago, asknod said:

If you attain SC for your TBI, the headaches would most like be assigned for the TBI. As such, a 50 % rating for headaches added to the shoulder and ankle ratings would give you the extra 60% needed for SMC S. A 30% rating for headaches would not be enough ( 30+20+10= 50%).

I am sorry but I do not understand this?

if his combined sc ratings are at 80% and two still out for decision ...if he gets 50% for TBI headaches   this is not enough meet the SMC Criteria.

Based off his current 80% rating.

I must be missing some ratings some where?

You do not have to be 100% disabled to get SMC S if you are IU due to a single disability.  If you getting IU for a single disability and have other disabilities that add up to 60% you also qualify for SMC S.