HadIt.com Future: Zoom Meeting Dec 3, 2022 02:00 PM Mountain Time (US and Canada) - Join Us. ×
It Turns Out HadIt.com Is Not Dead Yet! ×

BVA Time Frame

paulstrgn

Question

I have had an appeal with a judge at the BVA since January 7, 2019. It says it takes about 1 - 2 months once it goes to a judge. It is now more than 3 months, does anyone know how long it actually takes?

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

13 answers to this question

Mine was there for a year and a half then it took 10 more months to implement the granted part. 

Paul

with this nre RAMP going on  its hard to say   RAMP has to prove its self as for as the promise to a 125 day decision..I believe its getting worse. just have to wait and see??

I would be patient.

A buddy's case went before the Judge on November 18th and was decided December 4th.

He only had two issues, but it was fairly quick.

As for the new RAMP program I think it is stuck in the mud and cannot get out.  I filed a claim for secondary disability after the deadline for the change over.  It took a month before it was posted and is supposed to be completed by December of this year according to vets.gov.  So much for speedy claim reviews.

The Peggy 800 number told me that on February 14, 2019 RAMP went away (at least they are not calling it RAMP). When I did file in August 2018 with the BVA it was via RAMP, now it is something else. I only have two items so I would think it would be quick (obliviously not). I was originally was able to call the BVA 800 number but now it is all apart of the Peggy 800 number system. I need to learn patience since waiting for the BVA to decide is like watching paint dry. 

Buck prior to February 14 I found that RAMP worked fairly good for higher level reviews (as far as being worked within the 125 days).  

Well each case for veterans are different  and what works for one will not work for the other..I would say if you got your claim decision with  using the  HLR RAMP) Within the 125 days... I would say your Lucky 

Because using the HLR RAMP Program after Feb 14th   no evidence can be submitted. new or old evidence..and evidence is what wins our claims   and if you need it  in the HLR  (no cigar)

The VA just wants to deny more cases that is why the changed the rules...Thank you VA for not wanting to help Veterans...JMO

Yes I agree paul  but Veterans must be fierce in not letting the VA sway us away from our deserved benefits...that seems to be there goal.

All veterans must never Give up  Eventually you will win.

Keep hanging in there buddy

I agree 100% with you Buck, I am always telling other Veterans to keep applying, asking, look for secondary disability, and never take no for an answer from the VA. 

I also tell them about this website, telling them that they will find out so much info her!

Thanks Buck I will, I just hate waiting...haha

I received a email response to an inquiry to my BVA case, it turns out that they pulled the evidence from the judge to fulfill a FOIA request I had. The confusing part is the FOIA request was fulfilled in March 2019. I responded to the email asking if the case is back with the judge and told her the FOIA request was completed 3/4/2019. I am now concerned that time frame will be starting over now. with the BVA.

So from what I understand of it once they receive it back they will work it as quickly as they can as they are only waiting on a piece.  It could be longer or it could be faster depends on their case load.  Keep being the squeaky wheel, they will get tired of it at some point.