VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Austin Tx Vet Shoots self in waiting room!

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Its a shame this happens and it seems its getting a lot worse

Just last week a young Veteran kills himself in clinic waiting room 100% witness his death.

Austin Texas VA clinic. Veteran takes his life in front of large American flag. The news won't post this, they would rather sweep it under the rug and pretend Vet suicide doesn't happen. There are hundreds of us vets who will never forget what happened yesterday at noon. RIP young brother.

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

This is truly sad that so many Veterans take their own life. The vast majority reach out to the VA for help just to not find the type of care they truly need. These Veterans have already suffered enough by what they have seen and gone through. They were willing to put their lives on the line for our country, now it's time for the news casters, politicians, and VA need to do more for these young men and women. I heart goes out to this young Veteran and the family. 

• Lead Moderator

I remember coming back and having this feeling of everyone should be fine and got a 20 minute evaluation and told you we’re good. I remember being asked how was feeling and a few other questions I was not sure were very relevant but they never asked about what we saw or what we experienced or how it could affect us or anything.  

They did hold us for two weeks before we could leave for a break. They need to have some type of training of how to deal with the stress and nightmares and triggers you never knew you had!  Before and after service!   

I am sorry but the military drops us into the shit and then expects nothing to come from it. Mental health should be every step of your career and care after service!  

• HadIt.com Elder

If filing a MH Claim or depression  do not ever mention you had these feelings before military   that can follow you to a denial in a heartbeat. or can sure cause a veteran many problems getting S.C. 

Us Vietnam Veterans were more or less kicked off the plane when we return home  no welcome back or anything  they run us through the check out process as fast as they could  for me that took about a couple hours..

Oh I did get to eat in the officers side in the mess-hall...the final last Steak Dinner.

Three vets killed themselves at VAs within a five day period:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/veteran-suicides-three-veterans-die-by-suicide-at-veterans-affairs-facilities-within-five-days/

It is outrageous and getting worse

Of course, this has "nothing" to do with VA delaying our claims for years or decades while we are homeless or in severe poverty.   If you dont think its VA's fault, just ask them.  They will either blame Veterans, or blame congress for not giving VA still more money so they can spend it on yet more corruption.    

These Vets are "collateral damage" in a corrupt VA system with so many of them "on the take" of this corruption they want zero changes.  

Edited by broncovet