VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Just a question

Rate this question

dapilgrim

Question

Do you think this will get approved i am confused between  the two statements below?

Request for Medical Opinion RESTATEMENT OF REQUESTED OPINION: 
a. Opinion from general remarks: Is the veteran's left hallux valgus, left 1st MTP degenerative changes at least as likely as not (50 percent or greater probability) proximately due to or the result of bilateral foot condition with 

b. Indicate type of exam for which opinion has been requested: Foot

TYPE OF MEDICAL OPINION PROVIDED: [ MEDICAL OPINION FOR SECONDARY SERVICE CONNECTION ]
b. The condition claimed is less likely than not (less than 50% probability) proximately due to or the result of the Veteran's service connected condition.

c. Rationale: The veteran's current diagnosis of left hallux valgus and left 1st MTP degenerative changes are not related to the bilateral foot condition with pain during service. The veterans available str and mtr is silent for complaints of foot pain and the veteran denies medical evaluations for foot conditions. Hallux valgus exact causes is unknown but factors that can lead to hallux valgus include inherited foot type, foot injuries or deformities present at birth or can be caused by degenerative arthritis. Arthritis in the great toe can be caused by previous trauma, fractured or sprained toe. 

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I was just reading over at Asknod.org

That Alex recently went to a NOVA Convention CLE in Nashville  & Pics of the Motel he stayed  and was just reading some notes he had mention

He was talking to a VLJ or a  VA  judge of some kind BVA OR CAVC Judge

Anyway  The Judge  said ''Alex were going to have to learn  and understand the difference between what is Revelent evidence opposed to new and meterial evidence.''  

obviously Revelent is a new word the VA Found......LOL

It Say for Secondary Service Connection... I claim bilateral flat feet also. I guess they are trying to connect it. i was not awarded for bilateral feet that i know of.

Just thinking maybe they awarded for bilateral feet  (pes planus) and  i dont know it yet.