VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Denied once should I try again? As secondary or Not?

Rate this question

Riplip

Question

Back in 2017 I claimed for stress and anxiety as secondary to my hearing loss and vestibular disorder and they denied it and obviously i just went on my merry way. These things are really screwing me up mentally. They are and have changed my life dramatically as well as my families. I don't go to functions as i should for work and family. I try to avoid people so I don't have to try and get through a conversation. I can't even schedule meetings anymore for work because I don't know if I'll have vertigo or be dizzy that day. If I'm in a meeting and I can't hear anything I start get all flustered and red face and hot then I get nausea and need to leave immediately. These two issues are running my life right now and it sucks. While I am going for an increase on my hearing loss should I just put stress and anxiety as secondary on all of it again or am I just doing it all wrong? I will be asking my DAV rep. on Monday but so far i haven't had a ton on confidence in him as of yet. Just would like to know what to do on my own if that is where i'll be. Thank you

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

The 21-0958 is the old NOD Form to be used after a Veteran is denied  to appeal his decision...Veterans only have one year to file it after the denial. 

VA is pretty  strick on this too   if the veteran don't file  this form within one year after being denied  then the VA Closes out the claim.

if you missed the one year date  you may need to reopen the claim   your DAV/VSO should have mention this to you and also in your denial  it should have been mention there as well from the VA

Ok I will need to reopen. My rep. didn't say anything and I apparently missed it being in the beginning stages and not really knowing most of the ins and outs at the time so i'll start doing it over and being more careful and following procedures. Thank you