VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Seizures from medication

Rate this question

Saken

Question

I am service connected for Major Depressive disorder and anxiety but am currently rated at 0%.  I started having erectile dysfunction about 7 months ago.  Primary care doctor said all of my blood work was fine and stated that it was due to anxiety which I now realize is correct.  I was placed on medication and started having mild seizures under specific circumstances with very little help with the ED.

I had a C&P yesterday for the first time since I got out 10 years ago and during the original C&P I downplayed my symptoms at the time because I thought it would prevent me from getting a job.  I told the truth yesterday and the C&P examiner said that his write up would say that I had Major Depressive Disorder, recurrent, severe and a type of anxiety (cant remember what he said) with manifestations of PTSD.

My question is, should I do anything further about these stupid seizures I am having?

Thanks for any responses.

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Be careful with the VA testing you for seizures.

they actually use a strobe light and you have to look at it for 10/15 seconds at a time as they have you hooked up to a brain machine  that tells them that your getting ready to have a seizure and watch your brain waves  I am unsure why they do this.?? 

4 hours ago, Buck52 said:

Be careful with the VA testing you for seizures.

they actually use a strobe light and you have to look at it for 10/15 seconds at a time as they have you hooked up to a brain machine  that tells them that your getting ready to have a seizure and watch your brain waves  I am unsure why they do this.?? 

I was sent for this testing by my neuro because I began having seizures which we thought were neurological and after the testing, which I had a seizure during the testing (they also make you hyperventilate like you kinda would during a panic attack) and I was diagnosed with dissacociative seizures which are psychiatric, I had no idea such I thing existed!! They are related to my severe PTSD, anxiety, depression which are service connected.  This testing was very important in diagnosing what was going on with me, I do have brain issues as well so it was key in diagnosing.

14 hours ago, Saken said:

I am service connected for Major Depressive disorder and anxiety but am currently rated at 0%.  I started having erectile dysfunction about 7 months ago.  Primary care doctor said all of my blood work was fine and stated that it was due to anxiety which I now realize is correct.  I was placed on medication and started having mild seizures under specific circumstances with very little help with the ED.

I had a C&P yesterday for the first time since I got out 10 years ago and during the original C&P I downplayed my symptoms at the time because I thought it would prevent me from getting a job.  I told the truth yesterday and the C&P examiner said that his write up would say that I had Major Depressive Disorder, recurrent, severe and a type of anxiety (cant remember what he said) with manifestations of PTSD.

My question is, should I do anything further about these stupid seizures I am having?

Thanks for any responses.

ED is rated 0%, but you'll be eligible for Special Monthly Compensation due to loss of use of a creative organ. It's an extra $100.You'll need to be diagnosed with ED before claiming it.

Hopefully, you receive an increase for MDD.

As far as, seizures go. You'll have to weigh the benefits and risks of the medication you're on. That'll have to be discussed and determined with your mental health dr. I doubt the seizures are a benefit to you your current medication. 

• HadIt.com Elder

Saken

Please feel free to come back to Hadit if you have any questions or you need to find out something.

your always welcome here.

Will do.  I am trying to get increases and have completed all of my C&P exams.  Not sure if anything will increase. I was rated at 0% for service connected Depression and anxiety so that might go up a little. I am going to continue to pursue and get my life squared away. Thanks for the info.

Edited by Saken