• veteranscrisisline-badge-chat-1.gif

• Advertisemnt

• Trouble Remembering? This helped me.

I have memory problems and as some of you may know I highly recommend Evernote and have for years. Though I've found that writing helps me remember more. I ran across Tom's videos on youtube, I'm a bit geeky and I also use an IPad so if you take notes on your IPad or you are thinking of going paperless check it out. I'm really happy with it, I use it with a program called Noteshelf 2.

Click here to purchase your digital journal. HadIt.com receives a commission on each purchase.

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Ads

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• VA Watchdog

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Sign in to follow this  
Saken

Seizures from medication

Question

I am service connected for Major Depressive disorder and anxiety but am currently rated at 0%.  I started having erectile dysfunction about 7 months ago.  Primary care doctor said all of my blood work was fine and stated that it was due to anxiety which I now realize is correct.  I was placed on medication and started having mild seizures under specific circumstances with very little help with the ED.

I had a C&P yesterday for the first time since I got out 10 years ago and during the original C&P I downplayed my symptoms at the time because I thought it would prevent me from getting a job.  I told the truth yesterday and the C&P examiner said that his write up would say that I had Major Depressive Disorder, recurrent, severe and a type of anxiety (cant remember what he said) with manifestations of PTSD.

My question is, should I do anything further about these stupid seizures I am having?

Thanks for any responses.

First, you should get treatment for the seizures.

To get compensation for seizures, you need to apply. 

You should also apply for an increase of any conditions that got worse.  

Be careful with the VA testing you for seizures.

they actually use a strobe light and you have to look at it for 10/15 seconds at a time as they have you hooked up to a brain machine  that tells them that your getting ready to have a seizure and watch your brain waves  I am unsure why they do this.?? 

4 hours ago, Buck52 said:

Be careful with the VA testing you for seizures.

they actually use a strobe light and you have to look at it for 10/15 seconds at a time as they have you hooked up to a brain machine  that tells them that your getting ready to have a seizure and watch your brain waves  I am unsure why they do this.?? 

I was sent for this testing by my neuro because I began having seizures which we thought were neurological and after the testing, which I had a seizure during the testing (they also make you hyperventilate like you kinda would during a panic attack) and I was diagnosed with dissacociative seizures which are psychiatric, I had no idea such I thing existed!! They are related to my severe PTSD, anxiety, depression which are service connected.  This testing was very important in diagnosing what was going on with me, I do have brain issues as well so it was key in diagnosing.

14 hours ago, Saken said:

I am service connected for Major Depressive disorder and anxiety but am currently rated at 0%.  I started having erectile dysfunction about 7 months ago.  Primary care doctor said all of my blood work was fine and stated that it was due to anxiety which I now realize is correct.  I was placed on medication and started having mild seizures under specific circumstances with very little help with the ED.

I had a C&P yesterday for the first time since I got out 10 years ago and during the original C&P I downplayed my symptoms at the time because I thought it would prevent me from getting a job.  I told the truth yesterday and the C&P examiner said that his write up would say that I had Major Depressive Disorder, recurrent, severe and a type of anxiety (cant remember what he said) with manifestations of PTSD.

My question is, should I do anything further about these stupid seizures I am having?

Thanks for any responses.

ED is rated 0%, but you'll be eligible for Special Monthly Compensation due to loss of use of a creative organ. It's an extra $100.You'll need to be diagnosed with ED before claiming it.

Hopefully, you receive an increase for MDD.

As far as, seizures go. You'll have to weigh the benefits and risks of the medication you're on. That'll have to be discussed and determined with your mental health dr. I doubt the seizures are a benefit to you your current medication. 

Saken

Please feel free to come back to Hadit if you have any questions or you need to find out something.

your always welcome here.