VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Seizures from medication

Rate this question

Saken

Question

I am service connected for Major Depressive disorder and anxiety but am currently rated at 0%.  I started having erectile dysfunction about 7 months ago.  Primary care doctor said all of my blood work was fine and stated that it was due to anxiety which I now realize is correct.  I was placed on medication and started having mild seizures under specific circumstances with very little help with the ED.

I had a C&P yesterday for the first time since I got out 10 years ago and during the original C&P I downplayed my symptoms at the time because I thought it would prevent me from getting a job.  I told the truth yesterday and the C&P examiner said that his write up would say that I had Major Depressive Disorder, recurrent, severe and a type of anxiety (cant remember what he said) with manifestations of PTSD.

My question is, should I do anything further about these stupid seizures I am having?

Thanks for any responses.

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Thanks, I have learned a ton from reading all of the posts.  You guys are awesome.

I do have one more question.  The VA sent me a letter stating that they could not get my records from the VA.  That strikes me as odd but I went to the VA and asked them to print off my records.  They did so and, amazingly, it included my C&P for my knees and shoulders that I did the day before.

On one knee flexion is 20 to 140 extension is 140 to 20 and the other is 30 to 140 and 140 to 30.  She mentioned that I have functional loss as a result of this as well as pain.  They are both service connected.  How do you think they would rate this?

Edited by Saken