•  

Get Your HadIt.com Merch.

2022-11-16_06-22-29.png

Check them out here

Losing a TDIU rating

Okemos_Veteran74

Question

I recently went from 90% to 100% schedular.  

My VSO told me that I lost my TDIU 100%.

I hope I'm explaining this right. In June of 2014, I was granted a rating of 70% PTSD. This rating allowed me to have a TDIU rating at 100%.

Because my highest disability is 70% I am no longer eligible for SMC-S.

What does the law / regulations say about losing t d i u when you move to a 100% scheduled rating.

70% TBI

70% PTSD

30% Migraines

20% Diplopia

10% Tinnitus

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

I'll take a Crack at this one    other members please chime in too. I could be wrong?

If You were 90% with a TDIU P&T Rating (TBI)

what was your SMC based on at this rating? Do you have a condition that would warrrant SMC?

Anyway

If you go from 90% TDIU P&T Rating  and have another  S.C. separate condition by its self separate and distinct which would be the  S.C.70%PTSD  Rating.. because of this new rating you are at 100% Schedule Rating.

This should make the TDIU Moot and let you meet the SMC S HB Criteria with a final 100% degree in your rating.

I believe your VSO has it backwards.

Anytime you have a 100% rating (IU is considered to be a 100% rating for rating purposes) and  then get another rating separate and distinct   (like your 70% PTSD) and that rating is 60% or higher (like your 70%PTSD this meets the SMC S H.B. Criteria   as they will use the special SMC Rating Table to take you to this new rating.

jmo

Sorry, but your VSO is wrong.  If he allows the VA to push this logic get a lawyer.  I went TDIU on a 70% disability and had another separate disability that was greater than 60%.  I got SMC-S because of this.  The final total of all my disabilities was now 100%.  TDIU is not moot because it allows you SMC-S.  My letter generated by the VA states that I am 100% scheduler and that I am paid at the 100% rate solely due to my service connected disabilities.

You have one or more service-connected disabilities: Yes

Your combined service-connected evaluation is: 100%

Your current monthly award amount is: $3592.35

The effective date of the last change to your current award was: December 01, 2018

You are being paid at the 100 percent rate because you are unemployable due to your service-connected disabilities: Yes

You are considered to be totally and permanently disabled due solely to your service-connected disabilities: Yes

The effective date of when you became totally and permanently disabled due to your service-connected disabilities: October 06, 2017

When you get a VARO decision (not ebenefits, and not a VSO opinion), show us the decision.  

If you had (SMC S) previously, and were granted an increase from tdiu to schedular, I cant imagine losing SMC S.  That is, they would have to do a proposed reduction based on your increase.  

Before I got my head in an uproar, I would want to see such a decision.  Frankly, it sounds like BS with a capital B. 

Unless they change things up since I was awarded 90% combined rating and was given TDIU P&T & it says Disability not expected to improve in his life time and no exams scheduled. 

This was back in 2002 (first filed 1998) but was in Appeals to get the TDIU P&T  Until 2002 using the Extra scheduler 4.15 

Moving Forward

In 2014 Filed a PTSD Claim and was S.C. RATED 70% They looked at the SMC Special rating table  and gave me the SMC S H.B.

And on my EOB in e benefit's  it says I have a final 100% rating and list all my conditions and % and where they were incurred and all yes's on you are considered to be   yes  yes yes yes yes & yes

For me That 10% between  the 90% and IU at 100%  if a Veteran is IU at any combined ratings  the IU is considered him to be 100% That has a lesser rating of 100%

All IU veterans are considered to be 100%  but their ratings before the IU was lesser  ,

now if your never awarded the IU then your rating would be what it was before you got the IU .

For me that would be 90%  and to reach 100% I'd need another rating of 50% or a total of combination ratings at 50% to secure the 100% scheduler.

Remember filing for IU is filing for increase basically.