VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

UPDATE on our APPEAL

Rate this question

Kelly Severance

Question

Hello Hadit friends!

I am so excited!  I logged into Vets.gov today and my husband's rating has finally changed.  His migraine percentage was updated to 50% and overall rating to 70%.  We have been waiting almost 14 months since the judge granted the increase on migraines.  Thank you Jesus!  I don't know how long we will have to wait on retro......but we are so happy to see this update!

I'm thinking yes on the working them together. My remand was at pending approval then went backward. I emailed the AMO and they said the granted stuff needed rectified. I feel like it was overlooked. I was told that they were being done together but who knows I've heard many different things lol.  

No Botox. Just ibuprofen and dealing with it. Cervical injury so never getting better. 

Update Everyone.  We got our Retro this morning.  Thank you Jesus!

@treysnonnaI hope and pray you all get some relief soon.  11 months seems like a long time to wait on retro once your % has been updated from a grant!

@25th Infantry for LifeI hope that you get your closure soon!  We were told a variety of different things over the last 14 months.  Have you tried emailing the BVA directly?  

CONGRATS!!!!!.......I got a few Q's Kelly..........(1)was this through RAMP or LEGACY and if RAMP what lane?  (2) How were you able to request TDIU when you just now increased to 70%  I thought you had to be already at 70% with at least one disability at 40% to be eligible for TDIU.  I am asking because I'm curious if you were able to ask for TDIU on the basis of being granted the increases that resulted in reaching 70%.  (3) What did they say as being a reason for remand on TDIU?   Just curious.  Thanks.

11 hours ago, Wayne TX said:

CONGRATS!!!!!.......I got a few Q's Kelly..........(1)was this through RAMP or LEGACY and if RAMP what lane?  (2) How were you able to request TDIU when you just now increased to 70%  I thought you had to be already at 70% with at least one disability at 40% to be eligible for TDIU.  I am asking because I'm curious if you were able to ask for TDIU on the basis of being granted the increases that resulted in reaching 70%.  (3) What did they say as being a reason for remand on TDIU?   Just curious.  Thanks.

Hello Wayne.  My husbands hearing was in april 2017.  At that time, my husband told judge that he had been put on notice at work.  The judge, in duty to assist, brought up TDIU, and stated that if the migraine increase was granted, then TDIU would be possible.  So we filed for TDIU that day.  He was denied TDIU by the VA in December 2017.  Then in March 2018, we received the BVA decision packet that granted the increased migraine rating to 50% and gave us the overall rating of 70%.  ALSO in that decision was a remand for TDIU.  The only order in the remand was for the VA to gather some additional medical records that were not included in our claim.  A few days after we received our reward for the migraines, we got a letter from the VA and a form for release of medical records, which we have already faxed back in, as well as sent the records they requested that WE had.  So I'm hoping they are working on that .  My husband has not worked in 18 months.  Hope this helps.  Good luck!