VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Friend's VICTORY

Rate this topic

Berta

I met a vet here on the older board many years ago and we corresponded from time to time about his issues- 

and after 35 YEARs he finally succeeded in getting a proper resolve.His claims included direct SC, CUE , as well as an 1151 issue.

The BVA reversed a past decision and the cash is in the bank- a Very large retro amount- he has not gotten the formal award letter yet.

He dealt long ago with the same RO I deal with and in those days I tried to help him all I could because we both were dealing with idiots at this RO.

Maybe the best thing I could do is give him encouragement- and he was as proactive as he could be. He also had a solid IMO for at least one claim.

I wish it was not true but ,if we do not know basic VA case law and the regulations that control our claims,and are not willing to fight back, and continue to collect as much evidence as we can, all very difficult for anyone disabled as it is, our claims will be doomed.

But this vet I heard from today and I both have received multiple denials in the past yet we never gave up.That is the secret to success-persistence and evidence.

• HadIt.com Elder

Congrats to your friend and you for sticking with it and not letting the b....... win! All too often veterans give up when denied, or when they get low balled. Some of it is bad advise, like "don't rock the boat or you'll lose everything".  But it is encouraging to hear these great success stories, and gives people hope. Thank you Berta.

Yes it is Very encouraging- he thanked me for my advice and support but I dont recall what advice I gave him- except I knew he had a strong 1151 basis and I rcommended Dr. Bash, who gave him an excellent independent opinion.

But that was years ago- then again we both deal with Buffalo RO and they cant read.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

That's excellent news! Really happy for your friend!

• HadIt.com Elder

Wonderful news Ms Berta   a'' God Send''

thanks for sharing.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use