VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

4 Mar 2019 BVA Grant

Rate this question

Los

Question

Greetings to all,

I am currently 40% since 2013. Mar of 2019 the BVA granted service connection for sleep apnea and a conversion disorder both secondary to to my service connected acid reflux. They also granted a lumbar strain. It’s my understanding that prior to Feb 2019 claims returned to the regional office to be rated but that after that date they now all go to one central location to be rated now. Can you elaborate on this. 2 months almost and nothing has happened. 

On 4/24/2019 at 12:14 PM, Fat said:

Sounds good.

Well, yes and no. If you get a low rating or something is just flat out wrong, I can look up  the rater, call him or email him and ask him what he's been smoking. I can do this as an agent. Most attys. wouldn't but I never went to law school. Nobody told me I can't talk to the "VA Examiner". But when you make this a nationwide gig (including the San Juan, Puerto Rico office), I have to search through VBMS rater's notes to find out who and where they cut the rating. Then I have to call that RO's Change Management Agent (CMA) who takes care of attorneys and agents and ask her/him to have the rater call me. I like the local VA Gomers because you get to know them and how/why they'll react. I/We have a great CMA in Seattle (Tina). I call her Supergirl. You can get in touch with her on weekends and ask a favor or request an informal DRO chit chat (off the record). I always can get a "reconsideration" on  a rating because I can see it in VBMS in real time. VSO's get notified and have a three-day bye to review it and call BS on the rater. Attys and agents don't. But, we can call BS if we see it within the 3-day window.  There are only 3-6 big cheese DROs including the Veterans Service Center Manager and his assistant at any VARO. You have to get to know them in my business. Now we have to deal with 57 VAROs X 6-8 DROs X the 2 VSCMs each. I hate the NWQ.

New claims going in right now are having to be  uploaded at all the VAROs by their  low GS employee staff  because the EIC in Janesville WI is overwhelmed in paper and e-requests/claims. 

Any good plan has a weak spot. You usually find it after you deploy. 

Edited by asknod

4 months is impressive..took 10 for me for my %100.

8 yrs of retro but, a boo boo for me, Fiduciary game has been suggested.

ah well is all good and good for you.

21 minutes ago, Bwaveteran said:

4 months is impressive..took 10 for me for my %100.

8 yrs of retro but, a boo boo for me, Fiduciary game has been suggested.

ah well is all good and good for you.

How long ago was your 10 mo wait?

• HadIt.com Elder

Los Quoted

'' Feb 2019 claims returned to the regional office to be rated but that after that date they now all go to one central location to be rated now. Can you elaborate on this''. 

It is my understanding after Feb 19th 2019 all claims filed will be place in the New  RAMP system, now what I do not know is what lane in RAMP they will place your claim in?  that should be left up to the Veteran.  (jmo)

other members please chime in.

On 4/23/2019 at 8:27 AM, Los said:

Greetings to all,

I am currently 40% since 2013. Mar of 2019 the BVA granted service connection for sleep apnea and a conversion disorder both secondary to to my service connected acid reflux. They also granted a lumbar strain. It’s my understanding that prior to Feb 2019 claims returned to the regional office to be rated but that after that date they now all go to one central location to be rated now. Can you elaborate on this. 2 months almost and nothing has happened. 

Following a BVA grant, virtually all appeals are returned to the RO level (but not necessarily your own RO) to be rated.  The BVA doesn't rate you unless it's for an increase. As of Feb. 14th, there is no more RAMP. It's all the AMA now. As for all claims, they are put into the National Work Queue (NWQ) and rated in the order received. It's like a big Bingo hopper with all the claims. They pull yours out and rate it. That might occur at any of the 57 regional offices across the land. It's then sent to the Consolidated Mail Processing (CMP) center in Janesville, Wisconsin for printing and mailing-again in the order received. I've noticed Janeville's running about 3 weeks behind right now. The ratings procedure is running 3-5 months from the BVA decision unless it was advanced on the docket.