•  

Get Your HadIt.com Merch.

2022-11-16_06-22-29.png

Check them out here

4 Mar 2019 BVA Grant

Los

Question

Greetings to all,

I am currently 40% since 2013. Mar of 2019 the BVA granted service connection for sleep apnea and a conversion disorder both secondary to to my service connected acid reflux. They also granted a lumbar strain. It’s my understanding that prior to Feb 2019 claims returned to the regional office to be rated but that after that date they now all go to one central location to be rated now. Can you elaborate on this. 2 months almost and nothing has happened. 

18 answers to this question

On 4/24/2019 at 12:14 PM, Fat said:

Sounds good.

Well, yes and no. If you get a low rating or something is just flat out wrong, I can look up  the rater, call him or email him and ask him what he's been smoking. I can do this as an agent. Most attys. wouldn't but I never went to law school. Nobody told me I can't talk to the "VA Examiner". But when you make this a nationwide gig (including the San Juan, Puerto Rico office), I have to search through VBMS rater's notes to find out who and where they cut the rating. Then I have to call that RO's Change Management Agent (CMA) who takes care of attorneys and agents and ask her/him to have the rater call me. I like the local VA Gomers because you get to know them and how/why they'll react. I/We have a great CMA in Seattle (Tina). I call her Supergirl. You can get in touch with her on weekends and ask a favor or request an informal DRO chit chat (off the record). I always can get a "reconsideration" on  a rating because I can see it in VBMS in real time. VSO's get notified and have a three-day bye to review it and call BS on the rater. Attys and agents don't. But, we can call BS if we see it within the 3-day window.  There are only 3-6 big cheese DROs including the Veterans Service Center Manager and his assistant at any VARO. You have to get to know them in my business. Now we have to deal with 57 VAROs X 6-8 DROs X the 2 VSCMs each. I hate the NWQ.

New claims going in right now are having to be  uploaded at all the VAROs by their  low GS employee staff  because the EIC in Janesville WI is overwhelmed in paper and e-requests/claims. 

Any good plan has a weak spot. You usually find it after you deploy. 

Edited by asknod (see edit history)

4 months is impressive..took 10 for me for my %100.

8 yrs of retro but, a boo boo for me, Fiduciary game has been suggested.

ah well is all good and good for you.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Bwaveteran said:

4 months is impressive..took 10 for me for my %100.

8 yrs of retro but, a boo boo for me, Fiduciary game has been suggested.

ah well is all good and good for you.

How long ago was your 10 mo wait?

Congratulations on your grant, Asknod explains the central location thing and the new process in his blog.

https://asknod.org/2019/04/21/easter-trick-or-treat-at-the-va/

Los Quoted

'' Feb 2019 claims returned to the regional office to be rated but that after that date they now all go to one central location to be rated now. Can you elaborate on this''. 

It is my understanding after Feb 19th 2019 all claims filed will be place in the New  RAMP system, now what I do not know is what lane in RAMP they will place your claim in?  that should be left up to the Veteran.  (jmo)

other members please chime in.

On 4/23/2019 at 8:27 AM, Los said:

Greetings to all,

I am currently 40% since 2013. Mar of 2019 the BVA granted service connection for sleep apnea and a conversion disorder both secondary to to my service connected acid reflux. They also granted a lumbar strain. It’s my understanding that prior to Feb 2019 claims returned to the regional office to be rated but that after that date they now all go to one central location to be rated now. Can you elaborate on this. 2 months almost and nothing has happened. 

Following a BVA grant, virtually all appeals are returned to the RO level (but not necessarily your own RO) to be rated.  The BVA doesn't rate you unless it's for an increase. As of Feb. 14th, there is no more RAMP. It's all the AMA now. As for all claims, they are put into the National Work Queue (NWQ) and rated in the order received. It's like a big Bingo hopper with all the claims. They pull yours out and rate it. That might occur at any of the 57 regional offices across the land. It's then sent to the Consolidated Mail Processing (CMP) center in Janesville, Wisconsin for printing and mailing-again in the order received. I've noticed Janeville's running about 3 weeks behind right now. The ratings procedure is running 3-5 months from the BVA decision unless it was advanced on the docket.

• Like 1

Roger that Alex.

''The BVA doesn't rate you unless it's for an increase. As of Feb. 14th, there is no more RAMP''

''It's all the AMA now. As for all claims, they are put into the National Work Queue (NWQ) and rated in the order received''

]]It's like a big Bingo hopper with all the claims.''

Thanks

Edited by Buck52 (see edit history)

This is a great conversation. So the BVA grants go to a big Regional Office hopper and are then rated in the order received.

Sounds good.

NEVER GIVE UP..............

Yesterday was three months since my BVA Grant (4Mar19)on three issues and remand of one. Absolutely no changes. No rating change and no retro. 

After having TDIU and SMC (s) granted at BVA on August 7 of last year, It took 9 months and a day before I saw any change.  Anyone expecting something to happen in 2 or 3 months after a BVA grant is very likely in for a big letdown.  It MAY happen that soon, but odds are you're looking at 6 to 12 months, unless your case is flashed for hardship, old age, or an impending terminal health situation.

I hope nobody has to wait that long, but there are some folks who have waited over a year.

Not trying to rain on anyone's parade, but just don't let your expectations break you.  Hang in there, it will be a great day for you when the eagle finally shits into your bank accounts.

• Thanks 1

Today is 4 months since my BVA Grant (4Mar19)on three issues and remand of one. Absolutely no changes. No rating change and no retro

So here we go. Four months and one week to the day of my 4 Mar 19 BVA Grant, my rating has finally changed on Ebenefits. I am now rated at 90% but have also been granted TDIU so I’m being paid at the 100% rate and Ebenefits says it’s Permanent & Total. Oh happy day. Thank you Lord and Thank you to my Two Ángels in Heaven, Mom & Dad. No dough as of yet but based on the Ebenefits changes I’m quite certain the Eagle is about to SHIT HEAVILY in my bank account. 

• Like 1

If you dont get your money soon, contact the white house hotline.  Make sure your banking information is up to date.  

If you have a lawyer have them file a writ of mandamus.  This gets your case moving when the VA is sitting on it.

On 7/3/2019 at 11:50 PM, Los said:

How long ago was your 10 mo wait?

Granted on Sept 2018, implemented award June6th 2019.

Edited by Bwaveteran
Wrong year. (see edit history)

On 4/23/2019 at 11:27 AM, Los said:

Greetings to all,

Oh Happy Day!!! To piggyback on a phrase acesup used, (The Eagle Has Shit), let me repeat (The Eagle Has Shit). Six times in one day. Yes, 4 months 2 weeks and 1 day since my BVA Grant I am finally paid. 

Let me say to the folks who run HADIT, I discovered and came on board with you all at the end of my appeal but I have not been able to stay away since I discovered you all. I tell all my vet friends about this site. You people are awesome and you do amazing work. Please keep it up !!!

Thank you HADIT for all you do!!!

To all the Vets  Keep fighting.  Never give up....

• Like 3

Congratulations Los.