VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

4 Mar 2019 BVA Grant

Rate this question

Los

Question

Greetings to all,

I am currently 40% since 2013. Mar of 2019 the BVA granted service connection for sleep apnea and a conversion disorder both secondary to to my service connected acid reflux. They also granted a lumbar strain. It’s my understanding that prior to Feb 2019 claims returned to the regional office to be rated but that after that date they now all go to one central location to be rated now. Can you elaborate on this. 2 months almost and nothing has happened. 

• HadIt.com Elder

Roger that Alex.

''The BVA doesn't rate you unless it's for an increase. As of Feb. 14th, there is no more RAMP''

''It's all the AMA now. As for all claims, they are put into the National Work Queue (NWQ) and rated in the order received''

]]It's like a big Bingo hopper with all the claims.''

Thanks

Edited by Buck52

This is a great conversation. So the BVA grants go to a big Regional Office hopper and are then rated in the order received.

Sounds good.

NEVER GIVE UP..............

Yesterday was three months since my BVA Grant (4Mar19)on three issues and remand of one. Absolutely no changes. No rating change and no retro. 

After having TDIU and SMC (s) granted at BVA on August 7 of last year, It took 9 months and a day before I saw any change.  Anyone expecting something to happen in 2 or 3 months after a BVA grant is very likely in for a big letdown.  It MAY happen that soon, but odds are you're looking at 6 to 12 months, unless your case is flashed for hardship, old age, or an impending terminal health situation.

I hope nobody has to wait that long, but there are some folks who have waited over a year.

Not trying to rain on anyone's parade, but just don't let your expectations break you.  Hang in there, it will be a great day for you when the eagle finally shits into your bank accounts.

Today is 4 months since my BVA Grant (4Mar19)on three issues and remand of one. Absolutely no changes. No rating change and no retro

So here we go. Four months and one week to the day of my 4 Mar 19 BVA Grant, my rating has finally changed on Ebenefits. I am now rated at 90% but have also been granted TDIU so I’m being paid at the 100% rate and Ebenefits says it’s Permanent & Total. Oh happy day. Thank you Lord and Thank you to my Two Ángels in Heaven, Mom & Dad. No dough as of yet but based on the Ebenefits changes I’m quite certain the Eagle is about to SHIT HEAVILY in my bank account.