VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rate this topic

31BHayes

So I started my "Fully Developed Claim" 02/08/2019 had my VA Comp and Pen Exam 03/18/2019 . My original completion date was 08/05/2019. Then after my Exam 05/03/2019.

This is my story I've injured both knees, both feet and back while serving In the Army in 2017. progressively my back gave out on me. Now I'm young 25 years, can't work and didn't know about my options until just recently. Lucky for me I was within my year of separation so I got a VSO to work with me and my claim. Still waiting if it's an approval or denial, however today Ebenefits updated status from "Pending of Decision" to "Pending Decision Approval. With a new estimated date 04/30/2019. What happens next. Will I know I'm approved before notification in the mail?

• HadIt.com Elder

you just going to have to wait on the decision like we all have too.

and what ever they decide you need to look closely at your Award letter if you are approved, look up the rating criteria for what your claiming and make sure they give you the correct rating , if they don't I would advise you to Appeal the decision.

if your claim is in pending  decision approval then you should hear something by the pending date 4 /30/2019

Looks Favorable in my opinion  now what they rate you is anyone's guess.

if you use VSO like DAV your VSO Should send you an UNOFFICIAL LETTER , detailing your award. before you received your BBE

• HadIt.com Elder

Also if you can;t work because of this disability  you need to file the TDIU P&T FAST LETTER and request TDIU W/P&T.

You need medical documentation  and a qualified Dr to state in his professional opinion he has examined you and it is is opinion likely as not the injury or disease you incurred while in the military is related to your condition at present that causes you to be unemployable in all types of employment. or something close to this

if you can't work due to this injury or disease once  service connected    then you should meet the IU Criteria  even at a young age   how ever the VA WILL PROBABLY FIGHT YOU ON THIS but remember they can 't use your age to determine a decision  especially a denial.

• 2 weeks later...

It's now May 3 3019. Still pending for notification and past estimated completion date April 29th. If it were negative would o would have heard something right. I'm assuming I have a good chance because I have evidence, however the wait is killing me like everyone else. 

On 5/3/2019 at 2:12 PM, 31BHayes said:

Still pending for notification and past estimated completion

@31BHayes

I really hate to say this because it is so depressing, but the harsh reality is that none of us can count on those dates or status messages. They can change for many reasons and bounce all over the place.

I am sorry to say that, I know it won't make you feel better, it is just a reality for all of us.

as an example, my latest sojourn started 8/20/2108. I am already at 100% P&T, but these additional situations need to be documented. It was at pending final approval est. date 1/8/2019. It closed April 22nd 2019 and I still have not gotten the BBE as of today. They made me do 3 more C&P's all for trivial crap that could be solved with a phone call but instead bounced me all over the place.

They added an additional 30% but that is the wrong finding, I need the BBE to file a NOD. I also have another new claim that they told me to file for on the 8/20/2018 C&P connected to my ED. And I have two more claims for things they failed to notify me about, failed to assist, and failed even mention but are compensable, causally related to my primary rating, and documented in my medical service record, VA medical record, and by the C&P doctors.

It is a never ending fight sometimes. Keep your chin up. It will finalize soon.

• HadIt.com Elder
On 5/3/2019 at 4:12 PM, 31BHayes said:

It's now May 3 3019. Still pending for notification and past estimated completion date April 29th. If it were negative would o would have heard something right. I'm assuming I have a good chance because I have evidence, however the wait is killing me like everyone else. 

Call the 1-800# ask them to check the status of your claim  let them know what you mention  hereabout the 4/29th2019 completion date,

but its still fairly early for the completion date   someone maybe on vacation that's doing your claim  give it a little more time  but do call the 1-800 and ask to check on it.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use