VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rate this topic

31BHayes

• HadIt.com Elder

GeekySquid

Good to see you back on Hadit my friend.

• Lead Moderator
On 5/3/2019 at 4:12 PM, 31BHayes said:

It's now May 3 3019. Still pending for notification and past estimated completion date April 29th. If it were negative would o would have heard something right. I'm assuming I have a good chance because I have evidence, however the wait is killing me like everyone else. 

I know this fight sucks, but remember at the end of the day that back pay is pretty darn good.  Trust me you are moving very fast through the process.  

I have been around 6 years now in appeal now, and along the way 2013 I went from 10 to 30% then the next year to 40% and the year after to 60% and another year after to 80% and the beginning of this year to 90% with a partial VA appeal grant.  Now I am waiting on my final 4 issues to come through to see where I land.  My conditions started back in 2004, but I had no resources until someone told me about this process and how it can help.  I missed many years of help, but I am on the right track now!.

Keep your head in the game and don't let anything they send back at you stop you from fighting for everything you need to live your life after the military!

We are all here to help, so please check in often even it seems small.  

I called my local Veterams Affairs office and they told me that I'm waiting on my cover letter for my claim 05/06/2019 and to expect a decision letter this week. Since they are waiting for this "cover letter" my claim switches to pending for decision and new estimated date 05/24/2019 - 06/18/2019. I know my status will bounce around, this just let's me know my claim is moving.

1 hour ago, 31BHayes said:

I'm waiting on my cover letter for my claim 05/06/2019 and to expect a decision letter this week

@31BHayes

That's Great! I hope you get what you are seeking and the back pay. If you have not read it elsewhere, a lot of veterans get their back pay before their letter even shows up.

I would also suggest that you go to Ebennies and look under the documents section. There is an odd Quirk in the system is that some of the Documents generate even before you get back pay or the BBE.

In particular if you are rated at 100%, even TDIU 100%, the Commissary letter will generate because it does not include any payment information. So will the CHAMPVA letter and the Status letter you give to people that does not include rated conditions or pay.

So while you do have to wait, checking those letters on Ebennies can be the most reliable method of gleaning info before the BBE arrives.

• 4 weeks later...

Check your E-Benefits and see if it has updated info.  You can usually get an idea of what the decision was based on the entries there.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use