VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Canceling a VA claim

Rate this question

LJohnson

Question

Hi fellow vets, new to the forum as a poster but I have learned a lot from you all along the way.

My situation is this: after an appeal of my initial rating, I received a total combined rating of 100%! Super excited...however, I received a rating on some of my claimed contentions and several others were deferred. So the VA wants me to have additional exams and I am assuming that is one reason I didn’t receive P&T because the claim isn’t technically complete, and who know how much longer that can take. I’m kind of over the whole thing, and is there really any point on going through it all again, I mean I’m already at 100. I don’t want this to drag out for God knows how long. Honestly, my son starts college in the fall and he can get free tuition in our state if I have P&T. At this point, doesn’t it make sense to cancel the claim for the deferred conditions  and just ask for the P&T? Or is that screwing me over in the long run? 

Thanks for your input...

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

I would advise to keep the c&p exams..and finish your claims out  its up to you if you appeal them or not if you are denied?...but you may not be denied and could possibly meet the SMC Criteria with these other ratings  if you win out being that you are now 100%

As for as getting P&T I think you can request P&T  but they usually give P&T to Veterans that the S.C. Condition they have is not expected to improve in their life time  and is chronic in nature and no exams scheduled...if you have been rated 100% and you meet this criteria  yes request the P&T  it should make no difference about your other claims.

(jmo)

• HadIt.com Elder

The VA is crooks on this  I have seen where the They go in and ask a veteran they will give him 100% if he drops his other claims.

to me that is crooked  as a snake

If a Veteran has the probative evidence for any condition he files for  I suggest he files the claim for it.  no matter what they offer.