VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Richmond Va ENT or Audiologist

Rate this question

Al329

Question

Hi,

Asking any vet in the Richmond, Va area for doctor recommendations.

I was diagnosed by my audiologist with hearing loss and tinnitus. I'm in the process of gathering all my paperwork to file a claim. Problem is this doc doesn't want to write up a letter for me.

Sorry if it sounds excessive...this would be my first VA claim I have filed. I figured if I submit as much as possible...less likely to get denied?

So any help would be appreciated!

Tks

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

Question number 1: what caused your hearing loss?  In order to get compensated your hearing loss must be associated with an incident or incident that happened during your service.  Then, hearing problems must be diagnosed by a licensed audiologist and must include two tests:

• a Maryland CNC test (measures speech recognition ability), and
  • a puretone audiometric test (used to evaluate your level of hearing loss).

I would submit what you have then the VA will set you up with a C&P exam 

Thanks for reply.

Roger that. Hearing and tinnitus due to prolonged exposure to loud noises while in service. Lived with it a long time.. finally time to do something about it.

Fully understand they might request a C&P exam .. that's fine.

I would still like to submit my own IMO / IME right out the gate. In my research I have read all too many decisions that dragged out years. Figured the more I submit up front.. the better.

I already paid the audiologist for the hearing / tinnitus diagnosis...just need someone to look at my records and write up an opinion.

Tks

Your inservice MOS  might have put you into a HL and  tinnitus situation.

Be sure they use this fast letter:

https://community.hadit.com/topic/64098-va-fast-lettermos-list-hearing-loss-tinnitus/

I think the ArMY MOS list is at YUKU (VBN) and it saw a link to it on google the other day from the Army.

Thanks Berta!

My MOS is listed as "Moderate"

Should I still submit the FAST Letter with my claim or will they already have it?

Tks

The VAROs definitely have this Fast Letter- that does not mean they will properly apply it.

Veterans here have whipped it out to them, if their decision did not refer to it.

If the FL 10-35 was probative to their claim and they didnt use it, that is a CUE.

I am not a HL expert- but many here know how to understand the decibels stuff etc.

"I already paid the audiologist for the hearing / tinnitus diagnosis...just need someone to look at my records and write up an opinion."

Did you submit the testing results of all that to the VA ?

A diagnosis is not exactly what an IMO/IME needs.

Plenty of IMO/IME info in our IMO forum.