VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Anxiety secondary to Tinnitus?

Rate this question

Mover1993

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes you can  you need a paper trail to support this type claim 

Read this BVA Decision and take note how this veteran won his anxiety secondary to tinnitus   from his s.c. anxiety.. Write down the CFR'S THEY USED AND THE COURT CASES used. in this decision.

https://www.va.gov/vetapp16/Files2/1616928.txt

• HadIt.com Elder

If you haven't yet?  and other veterans reading these post

Remember   you need to let the a Audiologist Know you have a ringing in your head  /ears.. , they can't test you for tinnitus its a subjective condition,   so Veterans with this ringing in the Head *(ears) This known as Tinnitus and there are no test for it.  its rated 10% for both ears.

• HadIt.com Elder
10 minutes ago, Mover1993 said:

Thank you for the response. By paper trail do you mean a diagnosis and a medical opinion linking my anxiety to tinnitus?

Yes I do...Read about this case  it will help you with this type claim   do as this veteran did.

• HadIt.com Elder

This is if you currently have been S.C. for Anxiety /Depression?

i MEAN TINNITUS   SORRY!

Edited by Buck52

49 minutes ago, Mover1993 said:

Good afternoon gents, 

I was denied for a direct service connection for anxiety. I now want to file a supplemental claim for Anxiety secondary to my service connected Tinnitus. Has anyone ever done this?

Yes for Sleep Apnea, as secondary to PTSD meds. Before RAMP was implemented.

I had a VSO that tried to claim Sleep Apnea direct-service connection...got denied. I re-opened it, on a secondary basis to PTSD meds...denied again. I re-opened it again, but I had a DBQ filled out by my sleep dr that time. I was scheduled for a C&P exam and the examiner gave a favorable nexus of opinion. 

Tinnitus is capped at 10%, no matter how severe it is, but if it is aggravating or causing you anxiety. You can claim Anxiety, as secondary to Tinnitus.

To secondary-service connect:

1. Must have a service-connected disability (your Tinnitus)

2. Must have a current diagnosis for Anxiety

3. Must have a nexus of opinion stating the minimum threshold of "at least as likely as not" (equal to or greater 50% probability) that #1 and #2 are linked. A rationale must be provided as well.

I agree with Buck52.

Edited by doc25