VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Denied again, but Reopened. What next?

Rate this question

doc25

Question

Well I expected to get denied. It's a bummer, but at least, the claim was reopened and I can appeal. 

Should I go supplemental claim or higher review??  Possibly go to BVA? RO continues to overlook the daggum presumption of soundness. I went into service with normal arches and was diagnosed with flat feet in-service.

Also, towards the end there's an error, I wasn't diagnosed OCT 9 2007 (I call BS). By then I was already out three months. I was diagnosed in-service Dec 6 2006...7 months before I was discharged JUL07. I noticed in my C-file, that they only sent me for a DBQ with LHI; even though I had already submitted a DBQ from a private Dr.

Wasn't I supposed to be afforded a nexus of opinion with that C&P exam?

Denial Letter 4-18-19.pdf Denial Letter 4-18-19p2.pdf

Edited by doc25

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

You posted, 

Wasn't I supposed to be afforded a nexus of opinion with that C&P exam?

Well, no.  Its the Veteran's burden to demonstate his condition is related to military service. 

Did you read the exam?  Did it list a nexus??

Thousands, maybe millions of Vets have had c and p exams that did not give a favorable nexus.  Sometimes, the VA comp and pen exams dont state anything as far as etiology. 

You will likely need an IMO if you dont have an acceptable nexus.  Nothing else will work..you need the nexus.  

The Texas Veterans commission should have told you that you need a nexus.  Alex pointed out many VSO's Dont know a Nexus from a small car made by Toyota.  

Its a shame when VSO's "send their Veteran claimants to slaughter" at the BVA when they dont have a nexus.  Its an easy denial when the Vet lacks a nexus.  

Edited by broncovet
Add more.