VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

PoS "friend" is a effin FRAUD!

Rate this question

silverusaf99

Question

how do i report him to ppl that will actually investigate? he just boasted to me and some new friends that he's a fraud. claimed that he danced around certain ppl on his intake in hawaii and lieed his ass off during his C&P. he's on voc rehab now, and infact in VA (hud-vash) housing that he lied on his intake there, and making too much for the program, and pocketing everything else.

--

how much is he making on voc rehab? how do i get him effing jailed?! I want this lieing thief effing in prison.

--

i talked to the ssvf ;where he's at and they refuse to investigate...

• Founder

this forum is designed for folks pursuing their Veterans Affairs claims for disability. I've provided information below to assist you. However, this is not the right forum for this discussion.

read this article https://www.disabilityhappens.com/how-where-to-report-va-abuse-and-fraud/ it lists how to do it towards the end.

I sometimes like to tell a story about a man who was on a bus.  On this bus there were 2 very wild, unruly kids on there.  They were bothering others, shouting, and generally causing trouble.  The kids father was there, and he sat there as if nothing had happened with his head down.  

So, he asks the man, 
"Gee buddy, cant you do something to control your children?  Why do you let them act like that?  You should be ashamed of yourself..you are a poor father!"

The Dad responded, "Yes, you are right.  Sorry.  We just came from the hospital and their mother just died of cancer."  

All of the sudden, my attitude, and everyone on the bus, changed.  They were filled with compassion and the boys were dealing with not having a mother for the rest of their life.  

Sometimes, when we walk a mile in a mans' shoes, it helps us understand why he does stuff.  

I dont know why that guy did what he did.  Who knows?  Was he drunk, or taking pain meds when he told you that?  I have no idea.  

I do know I have said and done some very stupid stuff, especially (but not limited to) when I had my surgery and was on pain meds.  Im sure glad people did not hold a grudge on me..for what I said during that time.  

After all, this man could be in denial..he has apparently lost his health and probably much of his income too.  Some people dont want to admit they are disabled and unable to work.  Its hard to deal with that when you have worked all your life.  

He may not have realized what he said.  

I dont like Veteran frauds, either, but, This is what I would do:

Absolutely Nothing. 

Here is why:

1.  Ok, was he lying to YOU, or was he lying to VA?  You may not know which.  

2.  Destroying a fellow Vet, probably does not help you.  

3.  You can be draged into this.  This may not be good for you.  

4.  "By their own devices, let them fall"...Ps 5:10

5.  You are not a doctor, you were not present (probably) at this person's c and p appointment, so you dont know for sure he is lying.  You are taking him at his word, and you already know that is suspect.  

6.  The VA has in place steps to catch malingerers/frauds.  They are actually quite good at it.  For ONE thing, you dont get a VA disablity over ONE appointment.  You have to have ongoing treatment.  So, did your "liar" repeat the same lie, each appointment, for years??  Or, did he let it slip one or more of those doc appointments?  

7.  Finally, the VA and SS colude.  The VA will find out if he is trying to hide income from VA.  (However, that doesnt even matter unless he is on pension.  Compensation is paid regardless of your income, with the exception of TDIU..you cant be working)  

Edited by broncovet

• Lead Moderator

I have to agree with Tbrid and Bronco.  

The VA is very good at catching  someone lying to them.  Eventually he will slip up and get caught.  

I get the feeling of doing the right thing, but this very well could negatively affect you as what if he comes back and says you were the one lying and just wanted to get him in trouble?  I guess I am saying it is a very slippery slope to try and take this on, especially without proof of the matter.  

He could say well I was just saying this to sound cool in front of my friends.  Be very careful about deciding to go down this road.  

Edited by shrekthetank1

This is one reason I never give my personal email addy out.

Three times ( at least) long ago, members here tried to get me into a situation I considered to be fradulent- via email.

One wanted me to write a  buddy statement as a witness to a Navy situation in the 1960s. I am a civilian.

One member was so angry at her ex husband, she wanted me to report him to the VA that he had TDIU but was making a lot of money working.Of course I ignored here emails.

And one had already perpetrated a potential scam over a dead veteran and I had to contact the US CAVC.

The CAVC called me up or emailed me and asked where I got the info I gave them and I said it is right in the dead veteran's C file, and I mailed them a copy of what they needed to see.

His case was at the CAVC but the woman never told them he had died and she was trying to keep that info and other stuff from the CAVC, thinking she would get any potential CAVC award. The denial she received for DIC was due to the fact that she had never been married to the veteran and her attempt to prove common law marriage had failed. The denial listed his death certificate as evidence.

Broncovet is correct- dont get dragged into this.The VA will get them , if they are a wannabee.

Edited by Berta

I will add that you should focus on helping others, instead of hurting one individual, even if that individual deserves it.  If this individual is a fraud, he will get his just reward...eventually.  It might be a good idea for you to choose higher caliber friends that dont do stuff like that.