VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim Status Question

Rate this question

AirForceVetsWife

Question

I know we can't really rely on the status updates and such on VA.gov and Ebenefits. But, I was on VA.gov making sure my lay statement was uploaded, etc and noticed it said they closed request 3- which said Request 3- DBQ PSYCH- no longer needed

What exactly does that mean? My husband is going in for his RFE Major Depressive Disorder C&P next Friday. Does that mean they already have a DBQ ready? Or they needed a blank one on file? I just never know.

4 answers to this question

So confusing! It just makes you think.

Also, does anyone know, like going through the medical records there's an exam from the local CBOC where they did the depression screening and it was negative but they did the PTSD screening and asked a bunch of questions and his answers to those questions were like what are on his DBQ for his MDD...do they consider that a basis for improvement if they say negative for depression but his PTSD screening was positive? My husband hadn't seen combat or anything so its not like he's ever gone in for PTSD.

Just trying to get my mind straight

You probably wont be able to "set your mind straight", ever, by relying upon an unreliable ebenefits/Vets.gov.  

My suggestion is not to worry about it..there isnt much we can do about ebenefits being unreliable, and you will only frustrate yourself constantly checking ebenefits and speculating on what stuff means there.  I suggest you get a hobby while waiting.  

I know. I try and have control over a situation that there's no having control over, ever. I just hate having all this in someone's hand that doesn't know my husband and they're deciding what happens...even if he's truthful and lays everything out like it is. He told me this evening when I asked about his worst day, or if he's had one recently and he said..everyday seems bad, every day I just have a dull feeling my feeling is to stay away from people