VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Gotta Love VA Math

Rate this question

paulstrgn

Question

My overall disability rating is 90% (technically 86% but rounded up to 90%). Yesterday I was approved for depression which was rated at 50% (it is what I expected since I still work). My rating is still 90% (93% with the depression but rounded down to 90%). I realize that every veteran on this site also has to deal with VA math. For me I find this VA math adds to my depression as well as anxiety levels, but the bright side I am now a little bit closer to 100% P&T. Hopefully my appeal which is pending as well as the higher level review I need to file once I get the BBE from the VA for this last claim (I also had two other issues which appear not to have been approved). I will make it to the 100% P&T.

Thanks for listening to me wine...:😐

Interesting- I ran it through a calculator or two and 90 + 50 va math equals 100 on the ones that I tried. Granted, I only calculated with two disabilities, a 90 and a 50. Ill be following this one. If you could post each of your ratings it would help a lot for the gurus to calculate. 

CAS

Edited by brokensoldier244th

@brokensoldier244th If you do 90% and 50% then yes it would be 100%. Unfortunately in my case 11 separate disabilities  and using the calculator at  https://www.microhealthllc.com/veterans-central/bilateral-va-disability-rating-compensation-calculator/ (I like this one for it also does the bilateral ratings as well as the regular ratings) it comes up to 93% now, before it was 86% which both round to 90%.

I am attaching the latest list of disabilities from eBenefits.

Disabilities as of 4-30-2019.pdf

Paulstrgn, I get 93 percent also.  You have to add each disability individually when figuring it out.  That way they can ding you on each disability as they low ball you.  They have you as 10% and 20% on a lot of things and that is how they get you.

Vetquest, I know they love to low on their ratings. The four nerve issues went from 10% to 20% after I kept complaining about them. My back is at 20% but it really should be much higher for I have a lot of pain from my bask and it really limits my life style and movements. I had over 6 weeks of sick leave in a 12 month period (last year) and I thought it should have increased my back to 60% for IVDS (I thought that even though it should have included bed rest it should still be approved). They cane back and said even if they had agreed with the 6 weeks that they could not because it would have been pyramiding because of the nerve issues in my legs (they said I would have lost ground, gone from 70% to 60%). I am still thinking of filing a higher level review for the 6 weeks of sick leave, I still have time.  

They appear to not be concerned about pain and sick days even though they claim to be.  I went on FMLA and used all of my time up before I was let go.  The VA did not consider this at all when doing my ratings or TDIU.  A long story short for neuropathic issues I am 40% for my right hand 30% for the left and 20% for each leg and TDIU but it took ten years.