VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What are your opinions on number of claims filed at once?

Rate this question

JKWilliamsSr

Question

I had a discussion with someone about the number of claims that should be filed at once.    Someone told me that VA Raters have a quota for the number of claims that must be completed per day.  Because of this he suggested keeping the number of claims initially filed to a minimum.  He said that if you had a claim that was fairly large with a lot of disability claims it could be bumped to the bottom.   Now to a point I can see the logic behind that but at the same time I don't think that is efficient.  He actually said your claim should only have 3 or 4 claims and when that is completed you file 3-4 more until completed.  He said this is the fastest way to get your claims finished.   To be honest that made absolutely no sense to me.  

So that leaves me with a couple questions.  What do you think about that?  and if you think amount of claims should be minimal what number do you suggest initially?

I HEARD the moon was made out of cheese.

I HEARD there was a man living up there too.

I HEARD many things and if its not in a book it's likely a lie. 

hear·say
/ˈhirˌsā/

information received from other people that one cannot adequately substantiate; rumor.

10 hours ago, JKWilliamsSr said:

Someone told me that VA Raters have a quota for the number of claims that must be completed per day.  Because of this he suggested keeping the number of claims initially filed to a minimum.  He said

WHO IS HE and why would you trust this person. Sounds like YOU need to file a complaint and report it to his boss and this would put an end to more lies.

I thought claiming one disability at a time would save me time. I thought wrong. That's what I get for "thoughting and not thinking."

Claim the disability/disabilities  you believe have effected your daily life in a negative way or has limited your earning capacity(lost jobs, wages, promotion opportunities, etc.)

I think claims ,that could be secondary to established SCs, should be filed, along with anything you feel you can prove and that ,as Doc said, that impacts you.

This vet filed 26 claims:

"In January 2004 the Court entered an Order vacating the March 27, 2003 decision and remanding it to the Board for further action consistent with its Order. In September 2004, the Board remanded the claim to the RO for additional development to include a VA examination of the Veteran. The Board again denied this claim in an August 2006 decision. This appeal involves numerous issues arising from different rating decisions of the RO as far back as February 1992. After multiple Board remands, the Board denied 26 claims in an August 2008 decision. In a February 2010 memorandum decision, the Court vacated the Board's decision on each claim and remanded them to the Board. Based on the Court's February 2010 decision, the appeal is REMANDED to the Department of Veterans Affairs Regional Office. VA will notify the Veteran if further action is required."

https://www.va.gov/vetapp11/files1/1108534.txt

It was all on remand.Again.