VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Please, stop saying pot kills pain. Back it with study for it to be fact.

Rate this topic

• Lead Moderator

I am about to start trying hemp oil and I have two chronic pain conditions, and I will let you know.  

Also you can't back it with a study when the pot is a class 1 drug (which makes no sense) and Heroin is a class 2 drug.  

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to agree with Buck, to each his own.

I am a user of opioids and use them responsibly with the help of my doctor.  I do not believe that responsible use of opioids is the problem that people make it out to be.  If used correctly they do not lead to being a heroin addict.  You do not even get high.  Chewing opioids is where people get into trouble.  That is a choice that people make and then they blame it on their doctor.  Maybe there was some of that but now you need to almost have an act of congress to get opioids.  You are tracked on a state database and they know everything about you as far as dosage and the last time your prescription was filled.  Your doctor has to make a prescription out every month for you.  Now they are threatening the license of doctors that prescribe opioids making doctors afraid to prescribe them.  

• HadIt.com Elder

About 3 to 5 years ago  the VA was cracking down on opioids especially the narcotics II  So the VA PCP were screening us and making us come in for random drug testing From time to time.

Before Member Carlie passed away she wrote up a good post as to how to keep your pain meds coming  from your VA-PCP.and stop these random drug testings.

She said in a friendly way she mentions to her VA PCP Dr that she has learn to manage her pain medications  by taking other pain meds like 800 Ibeprofen  ect,,ect,, cut in half  and also half of a Pain medication  depending on how bad  her pain was  and only take the prescribe pain medications when necessary ect ect,,,(I can't remember word for word what all Carlie mention) but this is close

she said she never had a problem after that  after letting her PCP know she has learn to be conservative with the pain med's and manage them better.

I took Carlie  advise & Mention this to my VA PCP and I no longer am being called in for urine test,,I get low on my pain med's narcotic II and call the Dr   no problems.  its sent here to my home within 3 to 5 days after I call.

So the Random drug testing was stopped  only when i see my VA PCP for 6 month or yearly check up's is when I have to give urine and blood samples.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Keep in mind that the CBD oil you can purchase at local shops or online is not regulated. Short of taking some to a lab, there is no guarantee that you are getting what it says on the label. I saw on TV news an interview with a scientist saying that the unregulated variety is often much less potent or can contain other ingredients. I'm hopeful for CBD oil to treat chronic pain, but waiting on the FDA to approve its use for this purpose. Just trying to make it until then...

• HadIt.com Elder

I agree with Vync

Seems like there was a poster on here about a year ago from Colorado I think ?  the CBD Oil was passed in his state and maybe its passed in the other states that legalize marijuana  ?

He made the CBO and it was the only thing he could use to get reliife from pain  but it could not send it out of state...I wish I knew who that was??

so many CBD dealers are not getting the correct ingredients  or  have added  cheaper ingredients ...but the price don't drop  and besides  you can tell when you get the good stuff   vs the watered down stuff.

I wish my state  Texas would pass this Bill  they have it in Austin  as a dead bill   but I heard this morning they did pass the law  for marijuana use.

• Lead Moderator
53 minutes ago, Buck52 said:

I agree with Vync

Seems like there was a poster on here about a year ago from Colorado I think ?  the CBD Oil was passed in his state and maybe its passed in the other states that legalize marijuana  ?

He made the CBO and it was the only thing he could use to get reliife from pain  but it could not send it out of state...I wish I knew who that was??

so many CBD dealers are not getting the correct ingredients  or  have added  cheaper ingredients ...but the price don't drop  and besides  you can tell when you get the good stuff   vs the watered down stuff.

I wish my state  Texas would pass this Bill  they have it in Austin  as a dead bill   but I heard this morning they did pass the law  for marijuana use.

I do not disagree there are those that are crap. I go off of research and people I know who have taken it for a while and are totally different look on life. So larzuras  naturals seems to be a great place to start and they are vet friendly to give a large discount and I am excited to try it.