VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Smc l - I need help

Rate this topic

Guys i’m terrified here. My wife has been my caregiver for a lot of years. I was too messed up until a few years ago to even be able to try to get benefits increase from 50%. After 4 years of fighting the va, I’m 100% p&t finally. Now I need to either get caregiver or smc l. After the last examiner lied outright, I’m afraid filing for AA will mean another c p. I can’t go through that the last year and half fighting the va  ruined what was left of my health. Help appreciated, my heads swimming and I did try to read postings here but my brain not working like it should

if u file aa does it mean a c p? If p&t how come people still get c p exams? I have open appeals as well, so not all of my fighting done yet but I can’t take any more 

Edited by OldSoldier

Well, here is the deal.  You dont have to do a c and p exam, provided that its already documented in your medical records you meet the criteria for the higher rating.  

However, if its not already documented, your choices are to submit to the exam or forgo additional benefits.  

Im not denying that "fear of a c and p exam" is real.  I get it, and have been through them.  If you are seeing a counselor, you may be able to discuss that fear with them.  

Lots of times Vets "last battle" is with the VA.  And, that battle is the most important, at least now, for you.  

I remember being shipped thousands of miles from home, with people yelling at me that I didnt even know.  And, being prepared to give my life up.  

Well, the worst that could happen is likely that you remain the same rating as you are now.  Thats the worst.  So, even if you manage to take a few steps forward, its better than sitting in the foxhole you are now in.  

Remember, that 90 percent of our worries never happen.  Also, remember what F.E.A.R means:

False

Expectations

Appearing 

Real.

The way I beat fear, however, is through faith.  If your faith is strong enough it always beats fear.  If you need faith, you can go to church, or if you cant go to church you can watch it on tv.  If you cant find it on tv, try utube, for example:

• Lead Moderator

So once again Broncovet is right on.   I was pretty disheartened when I found this site.  I went from 40% to 90% and hopefully soon my appeal will get done.  Remember you are not alone in this fight.  There are hundreds of thousands of us having the same fight every day.  We were taught to fight and to survive the horrors of war, but most of us were never taught to deal with the struggles after the war, or the medical conditions which can follow us home.  

I found helping other vets here side step the pitfalls has help me get out of some of my ruts, because we are a family!  Find an outlet, find your joy, and find a good hobby!  I love bonsai.  

SMC K is available for erectile dysfunction and other Loss of use.  

If you are housebound, you should get smc s.  

And, yes, there is smc L.  

As I explained, a c and p exam is not that bad, and its well worth it for the extra income.  

Depending on what is already documented in your records, you may/may not be required to do a c and p exam.  I suggest you apply; if they order an exam you can decline to attend.  

• HadIt.com Elder
16 hours ago, OldSoldier said:

thanks so much for the support. I’ve been all alone in this. I am 70 ptsd, 60 chronic fatigue, 40 fibromyalgia, plus 20/10/10 back, neck, jaw from combat injuries. Does that qualify me for smc k?

Unfortunately those Percentages won't quality you for SMC   THEY ALL ADD UP TO 94.8%  Which is a 90%combined rating.

Veterans need a 100% rating plus another 60% separate rating for SMC But not always.....

Now Beings your at 90% combined rating   you will need an addition 50% rating just to reach 100%   unless you can get TDIU then that will change things  and you would only need another separate rating of 60% or higher to qualify for SMC.-S H.B.

Usually the raters are suppose to check on this to see if the Veteran does qualify for any possible  SMC    (Sometimes they don't)

It's always good to read your Award letter carefully and what and how they rate you.