VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Success!!!Thanks Hadit :)

Rate this topic

MsAsya

I first found this forum after I started my claim Aug 7, 2018. This was 10 years after my discharge. I had done everything I could to stay away from the military after my experience and had never even been to the VA before this year. I prepared my claim myself and was concerned I would be denied. I posted my c and p exam results here October 31, 2018 and members commented on their thoughts of success or failure, and said I would get about 50%. I then took my exam results to the Veteran rep here at my local unemployment office who told me ultimately I would be denied and should appoint a representative and prepare for appeal. I choose the DAV and left with my spirits a little crushed, but after reading people stories here I knew I had to remain hopeful. Nov. 29, 2018 I received an email from the DAV with the Decision that had been made even before I could see it. The email stated I had been service-connected at 70% PTSD permanent, also approved for TDIU and Dependent Education, but Ebenefits still said pending approval. So again I came to the forums for assistance and posted a copy of the email. I was met with congratulatory responses and assurance that the email was legit. @GeekySquid then messaged me a ton of information about benefits that were now available to me. It was from that information I was able to start the process of getting my life back on track. Im currently working with VR&E also known as Voc Rehab, to go back to school. Geeky told me they would give me hard time but to be persistent and it paid off my counselor has approved my long term goal of a Masters Degree🤗. I can not put in words how thankful I am for this forum and its Members.

Edited by MsAsya

14 minutes ago, MsAsya said:

my counselor has approved my long term goal of a Masters Degree

@MsAsya

I am so proud of you and glad for you. I am humbled that any words I gave you were helpful. I am sure there were tough times, but from this message it seems you fought your way through. Use that strength to continue your fight back to "normal" whatever that means for you.

Someone or Someones harmed you; You are now winning and the rat B****RDS who did so are losers and always have been. You have proved that you have the strength and ability to lead, help, and overcome in any situation.

I will humbly ask that you show other veterans that strength. Pass on the information and experience you had at each step of the way, and show how you overcame, went around or just plain old beat the B****RDS into submission.

Your Masters Program will have it's own challenges and highs and lows. Never give up, never let yourself be down for more than 10 seconds. IN that 10 seconds, wallow in your self pity then stand up, shake it off, and get back to winning the fight. Everyone one of us here has had that fight in one way or another; you are just the latest success of the power of veterans standing by our own.

Carry that forward. Join leadership organizations at your schools. Show people what it means to be veteran, a strong self-assured woman, a leader, a person who has come through the fire and been forged stronger.

This old veteran salutes you and keeps you in my thoughts.

GeekySquid

Congratulations!  Hopefully you can carry on like your mentor, Geeky Squid.  

And, Congratulations to Geeky squid for giving good advice.  

• HadIt.com Elder

GeekySquid

good to see you back on hadit.

I agree with the others Thank you for helping this Veteran and others as well.😊

40 minutes ago, Buck52 said:

GeekySquid

good to see you back on hadit.

I agree with the others Thank you for helping this Veteran and others as well.😊

Good to see you too Buck.

Veterans have to help other veterans. None of us was issued a VA to Human dictionary in our seabags. If it was not for @Tbird starting this site, so many veterans would not have had the strength to carry on in their own fight against the VA system.

@MyAsya told me, in private chat, some of what was going on. I am just so glad she has come out stronger and is (and I hate using this word) winning against the VA system.  I believe she will grow her strength with every win and every defeat along the way back to "being normal" (whatever that means to her) and having a full life.

I hope she continues to come here to get support and give support.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use