VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

SOC question.

Rate this question

metallicide

Question

I received my soc and it shows increase from 30-70 on PTSD and denied tinnitus..which is insane lol. Anyway should I receive back pay soon and if we appeal tinnitus will my 70 percent PTSD stay in effect. Its not showing up on ebenefits yet either. Thanks for any help!

• Lead Moderator

yes appeal and no it won't affect your ptsd.  As for when it depends on if there is a remand?  If not it will be the time it takes the rater to apply it.  So it is anyone's guess.  could be a month could be 6 or 7 months.  

5 minutes ago, shrekthetank1 said:

yes appeal and no it won't affect your ptsd.  As for when it depends on if there is a remand?  If not it will be the time it takes the rater to apply it.  So it is anyone's guess.  could be a month could be 6 or 7 months.  

Doesnt say anything about a remand. Just says increase from 30 to 70 then tinnitus denied. 

I checked the status claim online thing and it shows closed items and has granted above them on back and a couple other issues but still shows PTSD under appeal even though in soc it shows increase to 70. So confused.

It is ludicrous to deny an infantry combat vet for tinnitus.

You will need to whip out VA Fast Letter 10-35 on Hearing loss and tinnitus.

The MOS list might be here, it is also at VBN  site.

I dont think the Mil used any acoutical trauma ear plugs until  IEF/OEF and there are lawsuits on TV about them because they were defective.

I will try to post that Fast Letter

https://vetsbenefits.net/va-fast-letter-10-35-hearing-t99876.html#.VfLYlZdLzV8

What branch of service were you in- there is MOS info at the BVA site- on FL 10-35 but it involves the branches of service