VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Suggestions needed for new Representation

Rate this question

Ronc531

Question

Would like to change the person that is representing me, not happy at all with him.

I live in Alaska so limited local choices, any recommendations? I know it will depend on the person I get but I am sure some places are better than others. 

Ronc- by all means please contact the attorney who just posted here-

Attorneys know all about 1151 and FTCA. 

Some of the best people I ever dealt with at VA were the attorneys at OGC- handling my FTCA issue-

they were very tough- but so was I.  Attorneys know how to READ!  And they love evidence!

Thanks rsm, for your contact info.

• HadIt.com Elder
12 hours ago, Ronc531 said:

Thank you for your advice, yes all of my 12 surgeries were for the same service related problem on my rt knee. 

For many years I just felt lucky that they took responsibility for my knee and paid for all of the surgeries. I was only rated 10% for 40 years but happy they took care of my knee. My knee was bad for so long it has caused a number of other issues that need to be addressed.

You only been rated for 10% on your knees for the last 40 years? 

As other have mention file increase  show medical  documentation your condition as got worse  also check into if  your knee condition may have caused  other conditions to arise  like back problems foot problems ect,,,ect,,  you will need a IMO as Ms berta mention...I am supprised you have had this Knee condition for the last 40 years.at 10%and no other Claims filed?

Buck, thanks for helping this vet-I think you realised as I did, this might well be a serious 1151 issue-

I cant help because I will be away from the web site for a while-

But all the info I know about 1151 is here in the FTCA and 1151 forums.

You are right, that there could also be many secondarys direct due to the 10% knee problem.

He has the lawyer's contact info from member /attorney  rms esq but he has not been denied yet-

we dont even know if he has filed a new claim on all this.

12 hours ago, Buck52 said:

You only been rated for 10% on your knees for the last 40 years? 

As other have mention file increase  show medical  documentation your condition as got worse  also check into if  your knee condition may have caused  other conditions to arise  like back problems foot problems ect,,,ect,,  you will need a IMO as Ms berta mention...I am supprised you have had this Knee condition for the last 40 years.at 10%and no other Claims filed?

Thanks Buck52, yes only 10% for 40 years. I did file for increases a couple of time but was declined, they made me feel like i was trying to take advantage of my knee.

it's my fault, but like i said i was happy they were picking up my medical for all of the surgeries, i regret that now but to late to do anything.

it all seems so complicated and very time consuming. they guy helping me now is not very good. my wife had to tell him that I qualified for 100% after my knee surgery and even had to give him the code.

I have a number of conditions now that I am older and would like to get coverage and full medical.

Although I did complain about some of my problems, the doctors didn't document any of them so it doesn't look like they have been an issue for long. 

Edited by Ronc531

11 hours ago, Berta said:

Buck, thanks for helping this vet-I think you realised as I did, this might well be a serious 1151 issue-

I cant help because I will be away from the web site for a while-

But all the info I know about 1151 is here in the FTCA and 1151 forums.

You are right, that there could also be many secondarys direct due to the 10% knee problem.

He has the lawyer's contact info from member /attorney  rms esq but he has not been denied yet-

we dont even know if he has filed a new claim on all this.

I have filled for my secondary issues and i just got the notification, that's why I just joined here. I was hoping to get some advice.

They gave me 20% for each foot/chin, i have neuropathy for both legs. they gave me 10% for left knee extension but denied everything else. I don't understand how they can take responsibility for all of my scarring after 12 surgeries but deny any compensation. 

17 hours ago, rsm-esq said:

Hi there, sorry to hear about your VSO experience.  I'm a VA accredited attorney based in Washington, DC.  Happy to review your situation, feel free to reach out to me directly.  If you're already represented by an attorney then please disregard.    

Thanks, i am going to talk with my wife about changing and see how she feels. how would i get a hold of you? I don't have any money so wouldn't be able to pay much.