VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

how to proceed..

Rate this question

steven13081

Question

Hello Friends,

A brief history of myself, served 03/06 with the 82nd and one deployment to Afghanistan.  I have never filed a claim mostly due to missing deployment records. I feel as though i have exhausted all options trying to obtain them but still working on it. I have however found some other things along the way. 

I will attach a couple pictures to give you an idea of symptoms.

I also found some papers on inhaler scripts post deployment while in service. missing initial asthma diagnosis while deployed though.

If i decide to go ahead and claim something, what should it be?

I currently have abnormal white/red blood cell count, elevated liver enzyme, inhaler use, fatigue etc

Couple questions..

1- Is gulf war illness an option for me ?  i believe Afghanistan does not fall under southwest Asia area of operations anymore unless you tested positive for one of their 9 listed diseases.

2- Will testing positive for the Epstein-Barr virus disqualify me for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome ? 

Any help in this matter is much appreciated and I thank you all for what you do.

PS: There is nothing wrong with my dick.

PSS: three extra links provided if you need to enlarge. 

https://ibb.co/PgkmsJx

https://ibb.co/LSYpH2Y

https://ibb.co/s64CRsZ

20190506-173519.jpg
20190506-173312.jpg
20190506-172303.jpg

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Filing for one disability will not disqualify you from filing for any other disability in the future. You can file as many times as you want. There is no reason why you don't file for both at the same time, if you have the symptoms for both and have a medical opinion on  them. Use vague terms like "claim is for unexplained illness from my service in A, to include , but not limited limited to,Epstein-Barr Virus and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome." Definately get an independant medical opinion confirming your symptoms.

On 5/6/2019 at 7:40 PM, steven13081 said:

PS: There is nothing wrong with my dick.

@steven13081

LOL, maybe not to you yet, that does not mean there are not ratable conditions that apply to you or that will get worse as you age.

Remember this rule. Age makes things worse.

Service Connecting something early, even a 0%, will save you grief in 5, 10 or 15 years when it becomes a problem.

I would suggest you look at that list of things on page 2 the doc say NO to. and study your own health and the lists of what conditions are ratable and the diagnostic codes, etc.

For example he says no OTO problems

Do you have ringing or odd noises in your ears? That is tinnitus and it is ratable and common, particularly if you were in a combat role or combat area, any high noise job, etc.

Are you ever dizzy? does the world spin (besides when you get drunk and fall down)? when you roll over in bed quickly do you have a feeling of momentary dizziness? That is all actually signs of potential Vertigo and it is ratable and connected to hearing and ptsd and other things.

Your images show Depresssion, which is a Mental Health Condition with a lot of associated and secondary conditions. It is also secondary to many other conditions like PTSD and MST.

I would suggest, you get your entire C-file NOW. it takes some time to get.

I suggest at a minimum filing to get your current Date as the Effective Date. you don't have to complete the filing today, just save the date.

Good luck, let us know what happens