VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

retro pay question

Rate this question

johnsctt78

Question

hi guys  thank you for all the help

i have a retro pay question,i was awarded an increase on my existing va compensation,i went from 50 to 80 percent,it is showing a effective date of 3/10/2019 with the award,my question is if the retro pay increase starts from the effective date of 3/10/2019?,my claim closed over the weekend and ebenefits is already showing my new award percentage.just trying to figure out my retro amount.   

2 hours ago, Fat said:

They could have the deposit amounts.

@Fat

just to be clear, payments only appear there AFTER they have been issued by Treasury. It is a following indicator not a leading one as you should already have that money in your account.

"i did decide to just retire out last august before i was subject to any negitive actions at work,ive seen over the yrs what happens to disabled workers working in the vet admin and i did not want the dogs on me"

yeah I could write a book on that.

When I FTCAed them for wrongful death, the malpractice on my husband began as soon as he started working there. They almost killed his buddy there too, another Vietnam Vet- the going scuttlebutt at this VA, was ' are they planning to kill all us Vietnam Vets in the same department my husband and his friend worked in.'

Luckily his friend is still living  and I got him 100% P & T under 1151.

I found a motive for the malpractice- motive is not needed for FTCA, but I know why they did it.

Edited by Berta

27 minutes ago, johnsctt78 said:

i did decide to just retire out last august before i was subject to any negitive actions at work,ive seen over the yrs what happens to disabled workers working in the vet admin and i did not want the dogs on me

@johnsctt78

choices like this, while the natural thing for a responsible person to make, can create problems for veterans seeking compensation. Assuming that the route you choose is TDIU with all its restrictions, then make sure you get a lot of strong lay evidence from your former coworkers.

Again I suggest Veterans Law Blog on the issue of how to create strong Lay Evidence from an accredited VA attorney.

Your med records need to show complaints for pain and increasing frequency of complaints. and IMO/IME would benefit you if you can afford it. Just make sure it has the magic words that VA wants from the DBQs.

Please keep us informed.

Good luck

38 minutes ago, johnsctt78 said:

yes my retirement pension is far from what it would have been if i did full retirement age with the VA.

this implies support that you left work for reasons besides "retirement" and with lay and medical documentation it will support the "need" to leave work for medical reasons.