VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

SITREP

Rate this question

Indy_CV62_OS

Question

Still waiting on DRO to Certify my Appeal.  Doing quite a bit of research and the DRO Review is not technically a De Novo review.  So, let me just post the Legacy Process here:

Filed Claim 8/2013; Denied
NOD sent 12/2014
DRO Hearing Granted 2/2016
C&P Exam 4/2017
Rating Decision; 60% Combined 9/2017 EED 8/2013
NOD Sent; SSOC received...no go.
Form 9 sent 11/2017 Hearing box not checked; We selected Board Direct Review as this is fastest route

Waiting on DRO to Certify Appeal.  Expected wait time is 623 days.  My Appeal should be Certified within the next 4 to 5 months.  At this step, there could be a DRO Grant, more exams or another SSOC.
Next would be Notice from Board with Docket Number followed by 90 day notice (window of time to submit new evidence to the Board).  Estimated wait time from Appeal Certification is about 519 days.
Once the Appeal has reached an Administrative Law Judge, the decision would take approx. 5 to 6 months not counting time for Remand(s)

This is the Legacy Appeals process, as accurate and complete as I can determine.  This is a guide for anyone in the Legacy Appeals Process.  It is my intention to provide the most up to date information on this process.  Good luck with your Appeal and I really encourage others to post their progress onto this thread.  Thanks all!!

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

My first question is "Why"?

Yes, I know many attorneys and others bad mouth the Ramp, however, it does not exist any more, so it would appear you are waiting for them to certify the appeal for no reason.  Once at the BVA, there is no difference between "Ramp" and legacy, with the exception that you choose which lane you want to go:  New evidence or no, hearing or no.  You have always had an opportunity for a hearing (or not), so it makes no sense to me to wait on certification, when, with ramp that part is eliminated.  

2 minutes ago, broncovet said:

My first question is "Why"?

Yes, I know many attorneys and others bad mouth the Ramp, however, it does not exist any more, so it would appear you are waiting for them to certify the appeal for no reason.  Once at the BVA, there is no difference between "Ramp" and legacy, with the exception that you choose which lane you want to go:  New evidence or no, hearing or no.  You have always had an opportunity for a hearing (or not), so it makes no sense to me to wait on certification, when, with ramp that part is eliminated.  

Bronco...There is no more RAMP.  All Appeals after Feb. 2019 are AMA.  Since I did not opt in on RAMP, I'm still in the Legacy Process.  I have no say in regards to when the DRO will Certify my Appeal.  RAMP was a test and they only had 6% opt in.  At BVA, for any Appeal after Feb 2019, there are the three lanes.  For Legacy Appeals there is Direct Review, Physical Hearing or Video Hearing.