VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Legacy vs.RAMP

Rate this question

8th&IMarine

Question

Has anyone felt like they were left behind and forgotten about because they did not opt-in to the new RAMP when it was offered?  I chose to not opt-in to a new system when my claims and appeals had already been sitting in the old legacy system for years, fearing that I'd somehow get lost in the transition. Now that it's too late, it seems that I am seeing zero progress anyway. I know they added staff to speed up the new system but it is like those that decided to stay in the old process have been forgotten about. I have a remanded appeal that has been in the Preparation for Decision phase since last fall. Also a claim that was opened last June that has yet to be addressed. To make matters worse, I have a statement in my VA PCP's notes from a recent visit that could pretty well decide one of the appeals in my favor, but I am afraid to submit it and delay the whole thing even more. So I'm hoping the ratings people see it?

Edited by 8th&IMarine

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• Lead Moderator

Ok so we are in the same boat.  Here is what is going on with mine.  

Partial grant 2018 may.  Finally in march this year I got my grant applied and my back pay for this part.  It finally took me to the stage of calling Peggy weekly.  Contacting all of my senators.  and the WH hotline.  Finally one of my senators probably got sick of me and got it pushed through.  Anyway this has set my appeal in the forward movement also.  I have my last C&P for this appeal Monday.  

I also had new evidence to put in and It allowed me to on Ebenefits.  So I would say put those notes in there with a cover letter showing which part of your appeal they are going towards.  

Have you had your remand C&P's completed?  

I would say start rocking the boat and get them to hurry up and wait!

Yes, I advised Vets to opt into RAMP on this board.  I had reasoned that "everyone is going to be in Ramp after Feb. 2019", so you might as well get ahead of the game.  I had checked my appeal, and I estimated it would be another  3 years if I left it in legacy appeals.  This was not acceptable to me..as it meant 3 more years of waiting.    It made no sense for me to wait on a VARO send me a SOC and "certify" my claim to the BVA.  That took another 3 years.  So, I opted in.  

My opinion did not sit well with some members, and even about half or more of the attorneys,  and I was ridiculed.  However, Im a forgiving person and brushed it off.  

Its true that its no longer called "ramp", its now AMA and everyone is in it.  The only ones who are not are Vets who did not opt in prior to Feb. 19, 2019.  

I opted in in August of last year.  My SCL decision was completed Feb.1, 2019, prior to the magic date of Feb. 19, 2019.  

I did something I rarely ever recommend..I waited to file the NOD until some smoke cleared.  I filed the NOD of the Feb.1 decision yesterday.  Remember that was a ramp SCL decision denial.  In my packet with the decision, was a form to appeal the decision and a RAMP opt in form.   I sent in both yesterday.  

Of course, I dont know the outcome.  But, VA promised that people who opt into RAMP (the 6 percent or so who did this), will be placed ahead of the pack in BVA appeals.  We shall see.  

I humbly suggest you try opting in to ramp.  Download the form and send it in, and see what happens.  The worst case senario?  You stay right where you are at in legacy appeals.    

I really understand why people advised against ramp, to include attorneys and people in the know.  However, I studied it carefully and realized it was an act of congress, and not something Va really had any say in whether or not they were going to implement this congressional mandate.  I knew it was coming.  

broncovet--maybe you could clarify something for me: All of my claims/appeals were ongoing prior to the February deadline for ACA/RAMP. I understand all new claims will be handled under the ACA but isn't it too late for me to opt-in for my existing claims? I thought only claims filed after the deadline were eligible because I failed to opt-in?

shrekthetank1- Yes, all my C&P's have been done pertaining to my remand and claim of last year. Guess I need to keep rocking the boat as you say. As for the notes, because it is an appeal remand, there is nowhere on e-benefits to allow me to upload appeal evidence. Guess I can fax it in with a notation abut which claim it involves and pray that it doesn't slow down the others while it's being reviewed. BTW, does anyone else end up going back and forth between e-benefits and VA.gov to check their status updates?

• Lead Moderator
8 hours ago, 8th&IMarine said:

shrekthetank1- Yes, all my C&P's have been done pertaining to my remand and claim of last year. Guess I need to keep rocking the boat as you say. As for the notes, because it is an appeal remand, there is nowhere on e-benefits to allow me to upload appeal evidence. Guess I can fax it in with a notation abut which claim it involves and pray that it doesn't slow down the others while it's being reviewed. BTW, does anyone else end up going back and forth between e-benefits and VA.gov to check their status updates?

You are right there is nowhere to upload. I would fax it. And yes back and forth.