VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Lowes vs Home Depot for veterans

Rate this question

JDB

Question

Just thought that I would give a heads up to all veterans.  I recently found out that both Home Depot and Lowes give a 10% discount to vets.  I signed up on the Lowes web site with no problems, very easy, and the discount shows up automatically when you order on line or buy in the store, no matter if the item is on sale or not.  At Home Depot, no discount on sale items applies and all vet discounts are at the discretion of the store manager with many limitations.  The deeper you look the choice is obvious that Lowes honors the vet discount across the board, while Home Depot makes an arbitrary decision at the time of purchase and does not apply the vet discount to sale items or items not included in the vet discount category.

JDB

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

My experience - Lowes can burn in hell.

My 80 year old mother "got" shutters from Lowes,  But see Lowes doesnt do the work, they sub it all out. And guess what happens when you have a problem.... Lowes says oh well. Too late you paid them ... you cant stop the credit card payment..too late. And then what?  Two years after mom paid for the shutters .. still not finished.  Lowes wont take my calls.  So yeah lowes can burn in hell. I will never shop there and I will tell everyone I meet to stay away.

• HadIt.com Elder

That us strange, we purchase some shutters from Lowe's and yes they had an outside contractor  to make them and install them,  After we purchase these shutters from Lowe's  they gave me a 10%   veteran discount  along with the special discounted price in their store..After a few days a man came to the door introduced him self and said he was with the outside contractor appointed by Lowe's  he was here to measure each window in the house....we let him measure and in about 4 weeks they came out and installed the shutters, no problems with Lowe's  they said what they would do and they did it  we just paid Lowe's and that was that...shutters are expensive  and we had called around and it was hard to beat Lowe's Prices.  

However we learn to just call the shutter company and deal with them first  and save the middle man to cut out more cost...the shutter company will give a veteran 10% discount also ...>.  this was sunburst shutters in Dallas Tx

Edited by Buck52

Lowe’s has changed some of it's rules on the discount. It used to the discount applied to everything, even sale price, clearance and marked down items. I was able to get a marked down refrigerator and a refurbished push mower with the discount. I also bought some Casper mattresses that were on sale and still get the discount. However, when I bought some deeply discounted Christmas decorations I didn’t get the full 10%.