VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Higher Level Review

Rate this question

paulstrgn

Question

I am filing a HLR for the decision on my hand, I discovered after I received my C-File from the VA that in my opinion the VA did not rate me properly for my hand and fingers.During the medical appointment the individual had marked my right hand range of motion as abnormal, and the gap for my index finger was 5 cm. My current rating on my hand is 10%, I believe it should be at least 20% now (30% might be a stretch if at all possible).

My question is I also need to file a HLR for my knees which were denied, do I file these two together or separately (the decision on the hand is from 7/2018 and the knees 2/2019)?  I believe (which means nothing) that the hand can be evaluated without another medical evaluation where the knees will need a new one (they were not properly evaluated). 

In my mind it is best to file them separately and at different times (the hand right away since the one year is almost up) and the knees once a decision is made on the hand. Should I wait (since the effective date would be the same no matter when I file) or do them both now?

@Berta All I can say is I really appreciate all the information and guidance you provide us, I find it very helpful. I must admit I am very envious of your knowledge of VA issues!

That's really cool Paul.  I filed for an EED and wound up with the VA looking again at my nephropathy.  Everyone knows nerve issues do not get better.  I have to wait and see with the DRO does.

It really does drive me crazy Vetquest when the VA does these things. I hate it since there is nothing to track since it is an internal process.

I received a call from VES setting me up for a new C&P with a Dr. Pinnaka in Virginia Beach for the May 24. I am a little confused (more than usual - 🙂 ), the women told me I was being evaluated for an increase for my back, the radiculopathy in my lower legs and my cervical radiculopathy. This stems from proposal to reduce on my back and radiculopathy in my lower legs. I am not understanding the cervical radiculopathy part, I have never claimed this so I do not know why I am being evaluated for this. When I asked about the cervical radiculopathy she said the VA has requested it.

Should I ask the VA why or just go with it?

I will go for sure. I just confused about the cervical nerve issue. But I will surly go and see what exactly they are looking at. If for some reason they say I have issues there great. I am not sure how they will service connect it is all.

i will take copies of my MRI and latest x-ray results.