VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Nexus letter review

Rate this question

Mover1993

Question

Hello, below is a copy of my nexus letter. I was wondering if anyone here could look it over? I'm waiting to give my doctor the all clear to sign it but DAV just refuses to get back to me. This is for a depression/anxiety secondary to tinnitus claim. Thank you 

Re: Confidential Evaluation of (blank)

Date of Birth: (blank)

To Whom It May Concern:

On May 7, 2019, I provided a clinical evaluation for (blank).

Mr. (blank) has been suffering from Tinnitus since his service in the Marine Corps.  His service in the infantry resulted in significant and persistent symptoms consistent with the Tinnitus diagnosis,  Since his discharge in May of 20…, symptoms have persisted without hope of treatment by physicians. 

Incessant noise from the Tinnitus prevent him from obtaining adequate sleep and negatively affect his ability to concentrate or focus on his studies.  The symptoms have also prevented him from retaining work.

The constant noise and lack of hope for improvement have been extremely distressing for Mr. (blank).  He often experiences severe panic attacks in areas including his classroom, to the extent that he needs to remove himself immediately to calm down.  Mr. (blank) denies current suicidal thinking and no psychotic thinking was present. His sense of hopelessness, fear, and helplessness over the Tinnitus have contributed significantly to symptoms of both depression and extreme anxiety.  

According to his history, symptoms of depression and anxiety did not exist prior to his diagnosis of Tinnitus. Likewise, Mr. (blank) seemed receptive to any strategies proposed to him in the hope of managing the symptoms. All strategies attempted including meditation, supplements, sound machines, etc., have proved ineffective in managing the extreme Tinnitus symptoms.

Given his current emotional state and the clear history of how and when his symptoms became apparent, it is in my strong clinical opinion that Mr. (blank) significant anxiety and depressive symptoms are more likely than not caused by his diagnosis of Tinnitus. 

With Mr. (blank)’s consent, please contact me with any further questions.

Sincerely,

Dr. (Blank)

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

It is also a good idea to have the Nexus doctor review your medical records, including your Service Treatment Records, and state in the letter that (s)he has done so.  

Hope it goes well for you!

• HadIt.com Elder

It looks good  but you may want to edit the Tinnitus  to inclued its S.C. Service Connected!

Example

Hello, below is a copy of my nexus letter. I was wondering if anyone here could look it over? I'm waiting to give my doctor the all clear to sign it but DAV just refuses to get back to me. This is for a depression/anxiety secondary to tinnitus claim. Thank you 

To Whom It May Concern:

''Mr. (blank) has been suffering from Service Connected Tinnitus since his service in the Marine Corps.

if your S.C. for a condition it don't hurt to remind them  always use the ''S.C''.  to any condition you been service connected for.

11 hours ago, Mover1993 said:

To Whom It May Concern:

Mr. (blank) has been suffering from Tinnitus since his service in the Marine Corps.  His service in the infantry resulted in significant and persistent symptoms consistent with the Tinnitus diagnosis,  Since his discharge in May of 20…, symptoms have persisted without hope of treatment by physicians. 

Incessant noise from the Tinnitus prevent him from obtaining adequate sleep and negatively affect his ability to concentrate or focus on his studies.  The symptoms have also prevented him from retaining work.

The constant noise and lack of hope for improvement have been extremely distressing for Mr. (blank).  He often experiences severe panic attacks in areas including his classroom, to the extent that he needs to remove himself immediately to calm down.  Mr. (blank) denies current suicidal thinking and no psychotic thinking was present. His sense of hopelessness, fear, and helplessness over the Tinnitus have contributed significantly to symptoms of both depression and extreme anxiety.  

According to his history, symptoms of depression and anxiety did not exist prior to his diagnosis of Tinnitus. Likewise, Mr. (blank) seemed receptive to any strategies proposed to him in the hope of managing the symptoms. All strategies attempted including meditation, supplements, sound machines, etc., have proved ineffective in managing the extreme Tinnitus symptoms.

Given his current emotional state and the clear history of how and when his symptoms became apparent, it is in my strong clinical opinion that Mr. (blank) significant anxiety and depressive symptoms are more likely than not caused by his diagnosis of Tinnitus. 

With Mr. (blank)’s consent, please contact me with any further questions.

Sincerely,

Dr. (Blank)

Yea looks good but include this research article with your evidence or have the Dr. provide it in his rationale. 

9 hours ago, Buck52 said:

It looks good  but you may want to edit the Tinnitus  to inclued its S.C. Service Connected!

Example

To Whom It May Concern:

''Mr. (blank) has been suffering from Service Connected Tinnitus since his service in the Marine Corps.

if your S.C. for a condition it don't hurt to remind them  always use the ''S.C''.  to any condition you been service connected for.

I concur.

Tinnitus article1.pdf

On 5/13/2019 at 2:52 PM, Mover1993 said:

Hey Doc,

That medical treatise is going to be included in my evidence being submitted. Sending it all to DAV tomorrow 

Great!