VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Requesting C&P results

Rate this question

jamesriley1990

Question

So I just had my C&P exam for PTSD, and I was wondering do I have to request the results from the contractor (LHI) or the VA? I am curious on the timeframe because I requested my C-File back in January and it wont be finished until June 2019. 

It should be included in your C-File when you get it. I had requested my C-File before going to a C&P Exam with LHI. When I got a copy of my C-File it was included. I had requested a copy of the C&P results from LHI, but never received a copy from them.

20 hours ago, shrekthetank1 said:

I think they send instructions now after if you want a copy.  

@shrekthetank1

Is this a new thing under AMA or just from LHI?

To get my C&P's after LHI and QTC did them I had to go the VA Benefits office and file a request. I think they were FOIA's.

If you have updated info please share. I need mine but since I am in a wheelchair right now from surgery, live on a hill and my car was totaled, I am a bit limited in being able to get to the VA Benefits office. I cannot get to a bus stop, and frankly an Uber up and back would end up being a 100 bucks.

• Lead Moderator
14 minutes ago, GeekySquid said:

@shrekthetank1

Is this a new thing under AMA or just from LHI?

To get my C&P's after LHI and QTC did them I had to go the VA Benefits office and file a request. I think they were FOIA's.

If you have updated info please share. I need mine but since I am in a wheelchair right now from surgery, live on a hill and my car was totaled, I am a bit limited in being able to get to the VA Benefits office. I cannot get to a bus stop, and frankly an Uber up and back would end up being a 100 bucks.

I should have clarified this.  I got a copy emailed to me from LHI.  I have tried to search the blue button and no luck.  So you would need to ask the day you are there.  

23 minutes ago, shrekthetank1 said:

should have clarified this.  I got a copy emailed to me from LHI.  I have tried to search the blue button and no luck.  So you would need to ask the day you are there.  

@shrekthetank1

Ahh that is also new information. I was not aware that simply asking for a mailed copy from the contracted company on the day of the exam would get us the DBQ results directly from them. Did you also get a full report from the Doctor? or just the filled out DBQ?

Thank you for that info. I will try it on my next C&P exam. I expect to have one ordered in the near future.

As to the Blue Button, and this is just info if you did not already know it, C&P's NOT performed at the VA, in other words those done by outside contractors, will never appear in Blue Button unless VA changes its own rules again.

Blue Button, as it stands, is designed and focused on Medical Records created at the VA itself. You can upload other non-va records, but only VAMC has the ability to upload to Blue Button, VABenefits cannot.

A C&P done by an outside contractor is not a VAMC and by their current logic does not need to be in Blue Button.

We all probably disagree with that logic, but it is what it is.

9 hours ago, GeekySquid said:

@shrekthetank1

Ahh that is also new information. I was not aware that simply asking for a mailed copy from the contracted company on the day of the exam would get us the DBQ results directly from them. Did you also get a full report from the Doctor? or just the filled out DBQ?

Thank you for that info. I will try it on my next C&P exam. I expect to have one ordered in the near future.

As to the Blue Button, and this is just info if you did not already know it, C&P's NOT performed at the VA, in other words those done by outside contractors, will never appear in Blue Button unless VA changes its own rules again.

Blue Button, as it stands, is designed and focused on Medical Records created at the VA itself. You can upload other non-va records, but only VAMC has the ability to upload to Blue Button, VABenefits cannot.

A C&P done by an outside contractor is not a VAMC and by their current logic does not need to be in Blue Button.

We all probably disagree with that logic, but it is what it is.

I called LHI and asked them if they could send me the results and they told me they do not send the results I have to request it from the VA.