VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Requesting C&P results

Rate this question

jamesriley1990

Question

So I just had my C&P exam for PTSD, and I was wondering do I have to request the results from the contractor (LHI) or the VA? I am curious on the timeframe because I requested my C-File back in January and it wont be finished until June 2019. 

4 hours ago, jamesriley1990 said:

I called LHI

My experience with LHI is that they are d-bags on lots of levels.

that said, as I understand @shrekthetank1 the key is asking on the spot at the C&P exam.

I am going to try at my next exam.

I also think I am going to bring in a typed FOIA asking for the exam, letters to and from the VA, and all other docs related to my exam.

I know they can't "refuse" to accept the FOIA or comply with it at the corporate level, I just don't know what kind of trouble it will stir up hehehe.

• Lead Moderator

@GeekySquid So I had a similar experience at my VA doctors office asking for FMLA paperwork and they printed off a copy right on the spot and gave it back to me.  They did have me sign a FOIA (that they mailed to me and I sent back) and everything was good.  I was very surprised this happened as I had always heard no you can't do that, but maybe it is when you ask?  

Edited by shrekthetank1

18 hours ago, GeekySquid said:

@shrekthetank1

Ahh that is also new information. I was not aware that simply asking for a mailed copy from the contracted company on the day of the exam would get us the DBQ results directly from them. Did you also get a full report from the Doctor? or just the filled out DBQ?

Thank you for that info. I will try it on my next C&P exam. I expect to have one ordered in the near future.

As to the Blue Button, and this is just info if you did not already know it, C&P's NOT performed at the VA, in other words those done by outside contractors, will never appear in Blue Button unless VA changes its own rules again.

Blue Button, as it stands, is designed and focused on Medical Records created at the VA itself. You can upload other non-va records, but only VAMC has the ability to upload to Blue Button, VABenefits cannot.

A C&P done by an outside contractor is not a VAMC and by their current logic does not need to be in Blue Button.

We all probably disagree with that logic, but it is what it is.

Wow, I'll have to keep this in mind. I tried to get c&p results back in 2017 from QTC after my c&p exam and I was told I had to request it from my RO that ordered the exam.

On 5/10/2019 at 3:08 PM, jamesriley1990 said:

So I just had my C&P exam for PTSD, and I was wondering do I have to request the results from the contractor (LHI) or the VA? I am curious on the timeframe because I requested my C-File back in January and it wont be finished until June 2019. 

You request it from the VA Claims Intake Center in Janesville,WI.

My C-file took 5 months to receive. So, June sounds about right that you'll get it.