VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Requesting C&P results

Rate this question

jamesriley1990

Question

So I just had my C&P exam for PTSD, and I was wondering do I have to request the results from the contractor (LHI) or the VA? I am curious on the timeframe because I requested my C-File back in January and it wont be finished until June 2019. 

15 minutes ago, doc25 said:

but in the rationale the examiner agrees with the previous C&P from 2007.

@doc25

It might be good for you to start a separate thread and include both letters and both dbq's and other supporting information. We dont' want to hijack this thread.

Include the code sheet and letters requesting the C&P sent by the VA. I think you have a case here, but the other docs are needed to be sure.

• Lead Moderator

Ok so just got back and got shot down this time. I brought a release of information paperwork but she stated it had to go through the va release of information.  But she did tell me she was putting me in to max this disability so that is good news. 

2 minutes ago, shrekthetank1 said:

Ok so just got back and got shot down this time

@shrekthetank1

got shot down by who? and for what? the records release?

3 minutes ago, shrekthetank1 said:

va release of information.

remember there are two different offices one at VAMC and one at VBA. Which are you applying to? VAMC shouldn't have access to a C&P done by an outside contractor.

4 minutes ago, shrekthetank1 said:

but she did tell me she was putting me in to max this disability so that is good news. 

who is she? her job? is this your VSO?

I don't mean to be dense, I just am not clear on who and what you are getting shot down for.

• Lead Moderator

This was the c&p rated at LHI. It was a different doctor but she did say they should not release them. Yes the release of records. 

It is VBA. 

It is my remand for the BVA.  

She did take a look at the remand paperwork and the schedule rating and went along those lines to state how bad the condition has gotten.