VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Service connection

Rate this question

DKGreen2405

Question

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Sure, you can file.  You will probably even win your claim, provided that you have evidence:

1.  A doctor needs to state that you (neck diagnosis) is "at least as likely as not" related to your back condition(s).  

6 hours ago, DKGreen2405 said:

My lumbar spine is rated at 60% for DDD and 10% for radiculapathy. All the things that are wrong with by back are going on in my neck too. Can I claim my neck secondary to my back? I was never seen on actual duty for my neck. Thanks

How much evidence do you have for your neck problem? How long have you been treated for it? Do you have those treatment records?

The more evidence you have in your claim you will be helping yourself. I usually suggest having a minimum of a year of treatment, it'll be difficult for a rater to provide a favorable decision if it's less than that.(But, that's just my opinion).

2 hours ago, broncovet said:

Sure, you can file.  You will probably even win your claim, provided that you have evidence:

1.  A doctor needs to state that you (neck diagnosis) is "at least as likely as not" related to your back condition(s).  

I agree 100%.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is an example of how to secondary connect your cervical spine condition to your lumbar spine condition. Read through it word for word to research how this veteran got this claim granted.

https://www.va.gov/vetapp16/Files5/1635827.txt

ORDER
Service connection for a cervical spine disorder, diagnosed as degenerative disc disease, 
secondary to service-connected low back strain is granted.